Sunday 13 January 2013

Red, Gold and Cream

Since I typed in the post title I have been singing the chorus to Karma Chameleon over and over, I know the words are actually red, gold and green, but cream sounds so similar it just popped
into my head as I typed it, LOL!

Today's cards were inspired by - of all things - a pantomime! Just after Christmas I took my youngest daughter and oldest grandson to see Cinderella at the Liverpool Empire theatre, and for the wedding scene at the end the whole stage was decked out in red, gold and cream -  red, gold and cre-ee-ee-eam (sorry still singing hehe!). Meg and Will are enjoying the end of the panto, and I'm sitting there thinking to myself, wow! those colours would make fabulous wedding invitations, (you can take the card maker out of the craft room, but you can't take the craft room out of the card maker LOL!). First thing the next morning I was busy beavering away and here are the wedding invitations that the panto inspired.


Couture Creations Embossing Folder - Tied Together (I don't think this available any longer)
Sizzix Framelits - 657561 Hearts
Peel off Wording
Small red pearls, gold gems, Cream 25mm satin ribbon,
red metallic edged ribbon and Pearl hearts - all Meiflower

Rose Creations - Spellbinders shapeabilities Die
Peel off wording
Ribbon, gems and pearl and diamanté flower centre - Meiflower.

I have another five wedding invitation samples (different colour schemes)  to show you over the next week or so, but at the moment none of the others are inspiring me to burst into song, which is lucky for my hubby as I'm a terrible singer hehe!

Thanks for stopping by today,
Hugs
Colette xx 

2 comments:

Becky said...

OH My Word, these are just stunning.. I love red and white combos, but these two are over the top gorgeous.

Karen said...

Colour combo looks stunning! Both cards are fab, but my favourite is the first card, just because I love that embossing folder. Like what you have done with the ribbon on the second card. x