Tuesday 24 April 2012

Robert Jackson Guest Desiger

Woohoo!!! I was lucky enough to be chosen as the winner of the first Jackson's Digital Expressions challenge with my Diva card, as well as winning five fabulous digi images I also got the chance to be a Guest Designer for this week's challenge.

The challenge is
CAS (Clean and Simple)

I was told last week what the challenge theme would be, but once I had coloured my image and was thinking about what to do for my card I completely forgot that it was CAS (had a blonde moment LOL!) and ended up making a card that was as far away from CAS as a card could be.
 Yesterday whilst checking the challenge blog for some info I needed I suddenly realised that it was a CAS challenge and my card was totally unsuitable. I quickly printed out my image again and put together a more suitable card, this is what I came up with.

Image - The Bride and Groom - Robert Jackson -Coloured in Photoshop
Martha Stewart Border Punch - Garden Trellis
Ribbon and charm - MeiFlower
I punched some small circles from pearl paper and then cut and rolled them to make the roses.
Now I'm not really a CAS type of girl and I found it hard to stop here, I would have liked to at least add something in the corners and dot crystals around the trellis, but managed with great difficulty to stop myself!

I thought I would also show you my first attempt as a good example of how NOT to do CAS, LOL!

There are a couple of pics so that you can see the whole card in all its UN-CAS glory!
(Sorry the pics are a bit dull, just couldn't get a good photo)
See if you can tell the difference - hehe!

Image - The Bride and Groom - Robert Jackson - coloured in Photoshop
Papers - Bohemian Paper Pack- Clipart Fairy
Border punch - Martha Stewart Garden Trellis
Wording - computer generated
Card shape - Go Kreate - Arched Window dies
Leaves - CREAlies CLCS11
Ribbon, gems, silver sequin blossom, pearl hearts - Meiflower
Flowers and oval pearl string - Stash
The trellis is covered both inside and out with groups of three silver sequin blossoms, it also has an organza bow each side. The brides dress is decorated with tiny gems and glitter, There is a floral arrangement on the card as well as a sentiment, so it definitely couldn't be called Clean and Simple LOL!

Pop over to the challenge blog and check out the fabulous creations by the design team, and make sure to have a look around the store at all of Robert's fantastic images and drawings.

Thanks for stopping by
hugs,
Colette xx

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Fab card and great cas style, love the more elaborate one too. Hugs, Amanda x

Jovan said...

Beautiful card! I would love to learn to color in Photoshop...how cool!

Catherine said...

Gorgeous cards, love them both...

Jayne A said...

Stunning cards.

Hugs
Jayne
x

SpoiledGirl said...

Colette,
Both cards are beautiful! I look forward to seeing more of your work in the JDE Challenges!

Chauntelle
DT Member

Karen said...

WOW!!! The image is lovely, and beautifully coloured in. Both cards are stunning, absolutely beautiful.

Mema's Crafts said...

Wow!!!You have blown me away and I am amazed at every thing on your site. I plan to hang out for a while. I need to know how you color your images especially those you do with PhotoShop,,,please tell me. Love your work...stop by my site at www.memascrafts.blogspot.com.

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Colette, this cards is so amazing and beautifull done! Please take a look on my blog too. Many Hugs from Marina