Monday 16 April 2012

Oh what scrap!

I was tidying up my craft table yesterday, putting left over pieces of printed card and papers into my scrap box, when I came across two pieces of scrap card that must have been left over from a recent card, mmmm, I thought to myself, I could make a quick card with those.
I have recently purchased a Die-Versions Happy Birthday die and hadn't had a chance to play with it yet, so I grabbed it, along with the scrap card, some scrap pearl paper, my Big Shot, a Sizzix sizzlits die that I have had in my collection since I bought my very first die-cutting machine the Sizzix sidekick, a crown charm and some stick on gems. It took me about 20 minutes to put together, and here is what I came up with.

The die is quite big, (the finished card measures 15cm square and the die nearly fills it), and perfect for a quick card, there must be lots different ways you could jazz it up.

Lilac and plaid scrap - Gorgeous 5 - Clipart Fairy
Pearl paper - local craft shop
Die-Versions Happy Birthday Solo Sentiment 
Sizzlit - Princess
Crown charm and stick on gems - Meiflower.

I added tiny purple and Aurora Borealis stick on gems to the crown and used tacky glue around the flat edges on the back of the crown to stick it into place on the card.

Thanks for stopping by
Hugs,
Colette xx


3 comments:

Catherine said...

Fan card, love the way you have added the gems....

Karen said...

Great card - like the Happy Birthday die - now I have seen it blinged up!

Kirsty said...

Hi just thought I pop along as have not seen your blog for ages! I love this die . Crown charm is brilliant too !! :D