Thursday 5 April 2012

It's Flower Power over at D'Arcy's Diaries

We have our new challenge starting over on D'Arcy's Diaries this week, and the theme this time around is

Flower Power
you need to use at least 3 flowers on your project.

Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances, and also in my case, internet problems, we didn't get hold of the new images until yesterday dinner time, which meant not a lot of time to put a card together.

I fell in love with this mermaid image (it comes without the bubbles too) and she was such a breeze to colour, although I really wish I had more time to put the card together as I feel this card doesn't do the beautiful image justice, but it was the best I could do in the time I had.


Image - DD_032_with bubbles - coloured in Photoshop
Blue, silver and cream pearl papers - stash
 Marianne Dies - Chinese Roses - Leaves set and Anja Edge
Spellbinders Dies - Oval and Scalloped Oval



Here is a close-up of the mermaid in all her luscious gorgeousness, she looks very pink on my screen, but I can assure you she doesn't look like that in real life). I will definitely be using her again as I want to try and make a card more fitting for her.

Pop over to the D'Arcy store and check out the rest of this week's new releases, there is a fabulous male image that you are going to need to get, he is just perfect for those awkward male cards, go check him out!



Thanks for popping by
hugs,
Colette xx

1 comment:

Karen said...

What are you on about!?! This card is gorgeous. I love the 'wave' effect from the Anja Border and the leaves look sort of sea urchiny' (or it could be the effects of my medication!?!). The image of the mermaid is great and beautifully coloured in as per usual. Fintastic!
Love, Karen x