Wednesday 4 April 2012

Diamond Jubilee

I wanted to show you a card I have made to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee this year.
I decided to make the Union Jack from 10mm satin ribbons, and use a fabulous large crown charm that I found on Mei's store at the Leigh craft show as my only embellishment (well apart from some sparkly gems, it is her Diamond jubilee after all LOL!).
I actually ended up making two cards as in the middle of this one I had an idea for a second, which I will post in a couple of days.



Dotty paper - found in scrap box not sure where it came from.
Red metallic card - local craft shop
Scalloped oval - Nellie Snellen multi frames dies - Oval 13
Oval die - Spellbinders
Wording - computer generated
10mm satin ribbons, 4mm satin ribbon, crown charm and gems - MeiFlower

I added tiny gems to the crown, a large one over the hole that the charm would usually hang by and a couple either side of the wording, 

I was really pleased with the way the Union Jack turned out, and I even made sure that I had it the right way up, (I didn't even know there was a right way up until I did some research before I made my card LOL!)

Colette xx

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow - this is fab. The expression 'Fit for a Queen' was never so apt.

Barbara said...

Stunning Colette.love it x