Sunday 21 August 2011

It should be illegal to look this good!

Ha ha! not me I'm afraid, in my case at the moment it should be illegal to look this bad!!!, must sort out my hair, my body, my skin, my clothes LOL! The last couple of weeks have been so hectic, that I've been meeting myself coming back, but I think I am now finally on top of things and can get back on track, I hope I haven't spoken too soon!

I wanted to show you this card I have just made using The Clipart Fairy's Pru Longstockings kit, you get the girl graphic and 13 co-ordinating 12x12 jpeg papers all for only £1.50, now is that a bargain or what!

All the papers are from the kit, even the plain lilac and green, which I printed straight onto card. I have a bit of a thing for flowery papers at the moment so am loving that one.
I used a Marianne Creatable die for the large circle, which is also embossed, and a Nellie Snellen die for the smaller circle. I printed out a piece of lilac card with the sentiment on it, glued both die shapes onto the card and then cut around the edge leaving a little bit of lilac showing. The sentiment is a freebie from Create with TLC, I just changed the colours to suit my design. The borders down the sides are a Martha Stewart punch, the ribbon, flowers and gems are from stash. There is lots of glamour dust on the front section, I picked out the green lines in the plaid design with it, but it isn't showing up too well in the photo, the purple glitter is from Debbi Moore.

I added a message panel on the back centre section.

I printed Pru out a number of times and decoupaged her to give her some dimension.

This is the first card I have made in this shape and I am really pleased with the way it turned out, although I can see a few things that need improving, so expect to see a few more of these!

There is also a fab freebie on The Clipart Fairy blog, it's one of her new shape Book-a-Easels, in a lovely blue, snowflakey design, perfect for your Christmas cards, so head over there, snag it and give her a big thank you.
*** Edited to add*** You can find my card made using the freebie HERE

I am entering this card into the following challenges;

Crazy 4 Challenges - #C4C101 Bingo (embossing, die cuts, ribbon)
Designed 2 Delight  - Anything Goes
Ellephantastic  - August: Add some layers -Till 2nd Sept
Crafty Ann's - scallops and or fancy borders
Fussy and Fancy - use three or more of your favorite embellishments (gems)
Inspire Me Fridays - always anything goes
Jellypark Challenges - favourite embellishments (gems)
Poodles Parlour - anything goes
Mami Doodles - shaped card

17 comments:

Rosietoes said...

Gorgeous card as always Colette. Love those colours. Must have a wee peek at the download. :)

Edna x

Jill said...

Great card Colette :)
Love the shape and the papers are just super :)
have a nice day and glad you feel you are back on track!!
Lots of hugs, jill

Jennifer Scull said...

this is such a wonderful card! love the unique shape and pretty colors.
thanks for joining the fave embellies challenge at Jellypark Friends! :)

ahlers5 said...

She is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Jellypark.
Diane

Antoinette said...

This is beautiful hun!! Love the shapes and those papers are lovely! I'll have get these out...what a bargain :0))))) Hugs Annie xXx

Unknown said...

This is a very cool card! Great fold.

Mami Doodles said...

It's a work of art, Collete! Thanks for joining us in the Mami Doodles Challenge.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Collette!! xx

Jacq said...

Hi Collette,
Such a Beautiful card!!!! Love the image you've used, the dp, the colour scheme is beautiful. Love the layout and the embellishemnts are fabulous. Coloured so beautifully. Thanks for joining us at The Poodles Parlour and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining in with us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxxx

Jill said...

What an absolutely fantastic card Collete! Really love that shape, so clever and so interesting! Thanks for joining in at Ellephantastic. Jill

lalkygirl said...

stunning card love the new digis from wendy ,great shape too thanks for joining us at the poodle parlour and good luck
tracey x

Kathy said...

What a cute image and sentiment, made me laugh! Pretty colors and fancy fold too. Beautiful creation. Glad you joined us at D2D this week. Hope you'll play along again next week.

Peggysue said...

This card is so pretty and so unique in its construction! Wow! I love purple & green together. Thanks so much for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Designed2Delight. It’s a pleasure to see your work!

Jen said...

This is such an unusual shape and so effective, Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's this week.
Jen x

Karen said...

Wow!!! What an unusual card, it took me a minute to get my head round it (you know what I'm like!?) Love it!!!

Ann Whitfield said...

This is fabulous Colette - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Elke said...

wow, what a stunning and unusual shaped card. Thanks for joining us over at The Poodles Parlour. Best of luck.

Elke XX