Monday 22 August 2011

New Shaped Book-a-Easel

Yesterday I posted a link to The Clipart Fairy's new shaped Book-a-Easel freebie, but afterwards I thought to myself if you don't know Wendy's stuff then you may not know what a Book-a-Easel looks like. I thought I would make one up today with the freebie, so that you can see how fabulous they are.




I used the freebie, the blue snowman from Colour Frosty Longstockings, plain blue paper printed directly onto card from Ice Queen papers, and one of the Winter Words papers which I bought last year but can't find on her site now, although I did find Snowflakes and Beyond papers which would be perfect too. I made the word-art myself  and the snowflakes are made with Marianne Creatable dies and a Martha Stewart punch. Ribbon and gems are from stash.

To make the Book-a-Easel - I re-sized the 2 pages, making the front one smaller than the back one, I added my graphic and word-art onto the front page and the book-plate and then printed it all out onto one sheet of A4 card. I printed a sheet of blue card for the easel base and also the winter words paper and an extra snowman.
Make up your easel base as usual, mine is 14.5 x 14.5cms, cut a 1cm strip from the front fold-back section, (when you add your back page the card doesn't show below the shape). Cut out pages, book-plate and extra snowman leaving a small white edge around each piece. Score the front page down the middle and then curve either side from the centre. Glamour dust all the white edges and any other parts that take your fancy. Add ribbon down the centre of the front page and a bow at the top. Attach the back page to the easel base, then the front page to the back by using wet glue down the centre crease. Fix the extra snowman into place using foam pads. Curve the book-plate in the same way as the front page, put three layers of foam pads under it, a bit of wet glue at each side and stick into place. Glitter and make up snowflakes, and affix where desired. 
(To glitter my snowflakes I added a drop of water to a small amount of tacky glue, brushed it over the snowflakes and then covered in glamour dust, you get really good coverage with the glitter this way.)

That's all there is to it, not too difficult but they look really effective. There are lots more Book-a-Easels in the Clipart Fairy store, ready to print here or interactive here for the regular ones and here for the new shape.

Thought I would enter my card into the following challenges

Christmas Card Challenges - must be Christmas - Glitter
Sketchy Colors - Colour Inspirations* Shades of Blue
Paper Playtime - 2W - (2nd week) Anything Goes
Bah Humbug - must be Christmas - something new (freebie)
Totally Papercrafts - Christmas in August
Aud Sentiments Challenge - "Merry Christmas" on your card somewhere
Shelly's Images -Show Us what you got (anything goes)
Make it Monday - Always anything goes
Scrapbook Sisters - #48 Blue

14 comments:

Clairebears said...

Colette your a life saver - I have printed one out and tried to make it up and wasn't sure what it was meant to look like! Thank you :0)
Love Clairebears x

Jill said...

OOOhhh Colette, this is beautiful!
Lovely light blue colours and a supercute snowman!
you really are sooo good and you impress me all the time :)
Have a nice day sweetie
Hugs

Lisa Minckler said...

WOO HOO this is wonderful! I absolutely love what you've done with this book easel card and that you shared the links and freebies is fantastic! I've logged them already. ;)
Thank you SO much for sharing this with us at Top Tip Tuesday. You've been an inspiration to me.
~Lisa xx

Alanna said...

What an amazing card. Absolutely stunning. Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

Judie said...

What a lovely card. Saw it at MIM.

Judie

StephC said...

Wow, this is stunning! I love the colors, and well, everything about it. lol So glad you joined us for this weeks CCC!

Annie said...

Oh my goodness so many entries at the Hall this week - didn't we just know that our followers would love the theme of something new.
My goodness this card is really stunning - love the colours and the shape is just a total wow.
Thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug!
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Karen said...

Fab card! Thanks for the link to freebie and for your instuctions and pictures of the card. Thanks for sharing your ideas and for all the details about what you have used to make your cards - it really helps. Karen x

Tamie said...

Wow FACTOR this has. The shape of your easel card is amazing! Love everything about it. I saw your stunning card over at Make It Monday. thanks for sharing.

Mau xx said...

just called by from MIM to see this lovely card, I love the beautiful shade of blue and that image is just so cute... brings an instant smile :)

Kerrie said...

Oh wow, I've not seen one of the book easel cards before, how amazing.

Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Cathy said...

Fabulous easel card, great shape.

Thank you for joining in the Totally Papercrafts Challenge this week. Sorry i am a bit late ... but back fromom holiday and feet yet to touch the ground!!
Cathy xx

Karen said...

Absolutely gorgeous easel card hun! I adore this! :0) Popped in from MIM - so glad I did! KraftyKaren.x

Nela said...

Oh Colette, what a supercute card!
Thank you for the inspiration!
Hugs Nela