Friday 5 August 2011

Polkadoodles Case It challenge

This week's Polkadoodles challenge has been set by Lou and she wants you to use a previous DT card or project as your inspiration, and "CASE IT"


 I decided to use a card by Ruth, I love her clean style, it's something that I just don't seem to be able to get to grips with.
 Here is Ruth's Card


and here's my version


I love the Kraft card but don't have any so I decided to use brown parcel paper, which I buy rolls of at my local Poundland, I cut the scalloped square with a Go Kreate die, attached it to a square (with rounded corners) of blue card, added faux stitching, wrapped string around, threading it through a hole in the sentiment circle as I went, and attached the whole thing to the front of a blue card. The country cottage image and sentiment panel are from Paper Boutique Vol III. I used a nestie to cut the shape around the cottage, layered it onto more parcel paper and trimmed around leaving a small edge, this was then layered onto blue card and attached to the card front with foam pads. I also printed a second cottage to layer up over the first. I made the rose with Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals die.
Not sure if I managed the clean look but I'm pleased with the way it turned out.



I made a matching insert and thought I'd show you a close up of my rose, not bad for a first attempt I didn't think.

Hop over to the Polkadoodles blog and see what inspired the other girls and hopefully find something to inspire you to join in too.

I am entering this card into the following challenges.


Cute Card Thursday - No Designer Paper
Delightful Challenges - Stitching real or faux
City Crafter Challenge - House

11 comments:

Daniele said...

stunning card Colette, the house image is fab and I love the faux stitching
hugs

Karen said...

Love the colours - clean and fresh. The Rose is fab. Well Done!! xx

Ros said...

I'm amazed at how you used the brown paper ... it looks fabulous and I love the image ... your rose is perfect! thanks for playing along at CCCB ... by the way I manage to get Kraft from my SU demo friend if this helps ... L'pool is very short of craft shops!!

Larelyn said...

The craft (parcel) paper looks amazing. Your image is so well done and I'm in love with the flower. Thanks for sharing at DC.
Hugs,

Fliss said...

Your version is gorgeous Colette and the rose is fabulous.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Claire Phillips said...

This is wonderful Colette and that rose is indeed stunning - so delicate looking! Cheers Claire x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How adorable, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Tip Top said...

Heheh! I normally use Primark bags for thinner Kraft! And the rose is wonderful! Thanks for CASING me but that card was a lazy one as I couldn't be bothered trying to find papers to match what I'd coloured!

Unknown said...

This is just a cute as can be.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

So DARLING! Thank you so much for sharing your talent at CCCB!

sallysbitz2 said...

This is gorgeous. Love that hand made flower x

Thanks for joining us this week @ Delightful Challenges & Good Luck x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com