Friday 13 May 2011

Polkadoodles Challenge - Finally!

Well blogger is fixed and I was lucky to have only lost one post, I know some people lost quite few.


Anyway here are the details of this weeks Polkadoodles challenge.


It was my turn to set the challenge this week and as it is my birthday on Sunday I decided to do a
Menu Choice
challenge, giving a list of some of my favourite things to choose from to make your card or project so that I would get to see lots of lovely creations that I am going to love!


You can choose one thing from each section, but whichever one you choose, you can't use the other on your card at all.


Image - Fairy or Butterfly
Colour - Pink or Turquoise
Embellishment 1 - Ribbon or Lace
Embellishment 2 - Pearls or Gems.


Now don't be greedy remember its one thing only from each section, for example if you pick ribbon then there cannot be any lace on your card.


For my card I chose Turquoise (my favouritist!?!?) colour, Butterfly, Ribbon and Gems.
The butterfly comes from the Sundae of Seasons CD rom and the paper and sentiment from All Around and Everywhere. Glitter, ribbon and gems are from stash. I used a Go Kreate die to create the shape of the card, printed the butterfly out twice, once on vellum, then shaped the wings and layered them up, I finished off with glitter around all the edges of the paper, the butterflies wings and even inside the card.









Check out the Polkadoodles challenge blog to see what items my fellow design team members chose and have a look at their fabulous creations.


Click on the picture in the side bar to enter my Blog Candy Giveaway and be in with the chance of winning some fab goodies, you have until midnight Sunday 22nd May to enter and I will be drawing the winner on Monday 23rd May.

I will be entering this card into the following challenges:


  • Crafty Creations - #118 Anything Goes

  • Digistamps 4 Joy - #18 Celebration

  • Divas by Design - Anything goes

  • Penny's Paper-Crafty -Anything Goes

  • Claudia & Co - Butterflies

  • Paper and Such Design - Birthday Card

  • Sweet Stamps  - Butterflies

  • Use It Tuesdays - Bling


  • 17 comments:

    papertrails leaver said...

    gorgeous butterfly card! I love the shape and that you decorated the inside as well. The vellum on the butterfly is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Penny's. :-) Amy

    The Mama Monkey said...

    This is stunning! I love your color palette!

    Thanks so much for playing with Use It Tuesday!

    Karen said...

    Colette, this card is beautiful - I expect nothing less from you. The third photo reminds me of looking at an endless mirror, where the image is repeated only getting smaller and smaller - fabulous!!!!

    marilynprestonn said...

    Beautiful butterfly all in blue and this die is sooo pretty too. Thank you for playing with us at Crafty Creations Challenge. :)Peggy

    Julye said...

    Fab card and love that paper thanks for sharing with us all here at Penny's.

    Hellma said...

    Great card, love the butterfly.

    Kirsty said...

    Hi Just discovered your cool blog . My favourite colour is blue and this card is stunning the butterfly is so perfect. Thanks for the inspiration. Kitty :)

    Dawnll said...

    Love the color, design shape, and the layer butterfly- sounds like I love it all...lol
    Thank you for sharing with us this week at
    Sweet Stamps Challenge
    Have a sweet week.

    Sandy Fredrick said...

    Awesome card. I love the shape and the added glitter around the edges really highlights it. Thank you for joining our challenge at SweetStamps.com.

    shulsart said...

    Beautiful card, love all those layers and the bling. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Sweet Stamps challenge blog.

    Mary Frances said...

    Stunning card! Love the color choices and the depth and details of the butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps and good luck :)

    Julie said...

    Very pretty card, I love all the sparkle!

    Janice M said...

    Very pretty! Thanks for joing us at Paper and Such!

    Courtney said...

    This is gorgeous Colette!! I LOVE that butterfly! Thanks for playing along with our "Anything Goes" Challenge this week at Penny's. Good Luck!!

    Courtney~

    Anita said...

    Beautiful card. Love the colors and that pretty butterfly. Thanks for joining in the Divas by Design Challenge

    Jen Leeflang said...

    Thanks for joining us on our Digistamps 4 Joy "It's a Celebration" Challenge! Your card is just beautiful!
    luv n huggz
    Jen
    DS4J DT Co-ordinator

    JenMarie said...

    Such a lovely butterfly! So glad you played along at Paper and Such!