Friday 20 May 2011

Anything but a card

This weeks challenge on the Polkadoodles blog was chosen by Fliss and is

Anything But a Card

So lets see what else all you talented crafters out there can make other than cards.

My project this week is a little concertina folder that has a sheet for each month of the year for jotting down important dates. The paper and sentiment panel came from the Candy Doodles CD, and the stamps from the Magic Neighbours Stamp Set, coloured with Promarkers. I used Stick It magnetic tape to hold the folder closed. Ribbon embellishment came from stash.
The pages were made up on the computer, printed and cut out, then I stamped a whole or part image on each page using different stamps from the set. The little pockets that the pages sit in are made from some old envelopes that got damp and the flaps stuck down, so I cut them in half and then joined them together with double sided tape to make the concertina.






Head over to the Polkadoodles blog and check out all the fabulous inspiration from my other teamies.

9 comments:

Clairebears said...

Colette where do you get your idea? This is fantastic :0)

Love Cx

milliep said...

i was just thinking the same, u never fail to surprise me with your fab work. once again it's ace :-)

Miss Emerald said...

Incredibly original idea! Congratulations!

Rosietoes said...

Love these wallet type folders Colette - I've used them for ATC's but this one is particularly pretty and a great idea for a month by month note book.

Fabby work!

Edna x

Karen said...

I want one of these! This is fab, very pretty and practical too. Clever Girl! :-) xx

Dawn said...

Colette, what a great project! You should enter it into www.craftingforallseasons.blogspot.com anything goes challenge!

Fliss said...

A really fabulous idea Colette. Might just have to copy this as I'm always forgetting to put dates on the calender or in my diary!
Hugs, Fliss xx

danielle said...

I love it!! I always rely on Facebook to remember birthdays!! ;-) Dani x x

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Love it! What a FABulous idea!
Huggies~
Sharron♥