Wednesday 8 January 2014

Couple of quickies!

When I was 11 years old, we moved from Anfield where I was born and grew up, to Huyton where I still live today, this meant changing schools, I had spent a year at grammar school, but after the move the travelling was far too much for me and I moved to what was now my local comprehensive school. On my first day in the new school the teacher sat me next to a girl called Julie Molyneux and told her to look after me, and 40 years later we are still good friends.
Whenever I mention on my blog that I am off to the theatre with my friend and her daughter, that would be Julie, we regularly have trips out to shows and concerts and already for 2014 we have tickets booked for Ghost, the Lion King, Wicked and a 70's music concert featuring the Bay City Rollers, The Osmonds, Showaddywaddy and David Essex, so as you can see we definitely get about.

Julie's son Peter managed to pass his driving test on New Years Eve and then a couple of days later (3rd Jan) celebrated his 20th birthday. I wanted to make him a couple of cards but with everything else going on just didn't have the time to colour, design and put something together so I popped over to Craftusprint, found a couple of suitable designs, downloaded them, printed them and made them up, all on the morning of his birthday. They were both finished by mid afternoon and ready for a quick trip to Julie's to drop them off. 

 The 3D gadgets n gizmos popout card was for his birthday, and although you can't really tell from the photo each layer of gadgets pops out from the previous layer. It was really quick and easy to put together and looked impressive when finished.

The Driving Test Cascade Deluxe card was obviously for passing his driving test LOL!
I made up the card following the instructions then downloaded some pictures of car stuff - AA road atlas, Highway code book, car keys, P plate, sat nav and road signs - from Google images, and then cut them out and added them to the card, once again, quick, easy and quite impressive looking.

Thanks for stopping by today and taking a look,
hugs,
Colette xx

2 comments:

Lau W said...

Oh superb ! The second creatino is very funny !
This is a nice story with your friend !
xxx

DONNA said...

clever clogs cards are fab as always Donna x