Sunday 10 June 2012

Shop til you drop!

Noooooooooo!!! I couldn't think of anything worse, I hate shopping!, well at least physically going to the shops, I know women are supposed to love it, but not me, it's my worst nightmare, give me a computer and a credit card and I can shop to my heart's content, especially if it involves buying digi goodies LOL! 

Talking of buying digi goodies, here are a couple of cards I have made using Clipart Fairy kits, that I have had in my 'stash' for almost twelve months and don't think I've used until today!

Image and Patterned papers - Colour-lil butterfly fairies-Lilac
Plain Lilac paper - The girls are back in town papers
Flowers - punch
Foliage - Memory Box die - Chloe Stem
Sentiment - Freebie -TLC
Little Pearl flowers - my good friend Donna (thanks)
Black metallic cord (butterfly head and antenna) and Ribbon - Meiflower

The card is pretty self explanatory, mostly matting and layering, but when cutting out the butterfly the antennae were too fiddly, so I cut them off, and then made new ones by cutting a short length of metallic cord, folding it in half and then tying it into a knot, making sure to push the knot down to the folded end and leaving the free ends loose. I used a bit of tacky glue to stick the knot into place to represent the head and antennae.


 ~~oo0oo~~

Image - Cute Girl's Shopping 1
Papers - Shopping Girls Hat
Sentiment - computer generated
Punched border - Martha Stewart
Ribbon, charm and pearls  - Meiflower
£10 note - borrowed from my hubby, who when I gave it back to him asked how his £20 note had magically changed into a £10 note, cheeky so and so LOL!

The tag on this card is big enough to hold a gift card to the recipient's favourite store, or some birthday money.

Hope the sun is shining where you are and you are making the most of the weekend.
hugs,
Colette xx




No comments: