Tuesday 26 July 2011

Teddy Bo Tuesday and New challenge

Welcome to another Teddy Bo Tuesday, it's a beautiful sunny day here, has the summer finally arrived, we can only hope.
Today is the start of a new challenge over on the Teddy Bo challenge blog and Team B are in the hot seat this week for our
Alter Something
challenge, go and check out all the fabulous inspiration from the girls, you will be amazed at what they have come up with.

As it's not my team's challenge I have made a card, but thought the picture was perfect for a frame too, so that's what I have done. Please forgive the rubbish photos, my hubby usually takes them, but he was at work so I have had to do them myself, the card and frame look so much better in real life than they do here.


I have used one of this weeks new releases, the bears are coloured in Photoshop as usual, but I made the picture up in Photoshop too, using a background paper from Raspberry Road's Squeaky Clean paper set, and some wordart and bits and pieces from some of my digital scrapbooking kits, (I think they come from various kits by Tina Chambers). The sentiment too is from Tina Chambers but I re-did it and changed the words slightly to suit my purpose.
The card uses papers from Raspberry Road's Beach Bliss, flowers from Creative Treasures, seam binding from Ribbon Girl and gems from stash.
Once I had finished the card I thought the picture would be perfect in a frame, so printed it out again onto canvas photo paper, found a frame to fit it and added some more flowers, seam binding and gems to the frame to dilly it up a little. To be honest flowers are not my forte, I love them on everyone else's cards, but I am never happy with them when I use them myself.









As it's Teddy Bo Tuesday that can only mean one thing, new releases in store, here is a quick peek, head to the store for a better look.




Don't forget to alter something for our challenge this week, we love hopping around your blogs and seeing what fabulous creations you all come up with.

I am going to enter my card into the following challenges;
Crazy Challenge - Ribbons
Daisy Doodles Creative Challenge - Anything goes using a digi
Make it Monday - Anything goes
Paper Playtime - summer theme using digital or stamped images or sentiments
Tuesday Throwdown - #59 Create a matching set

16 comments:

Rosietoes said...

Gorgeous twosome Colette. :)

Edna x

Gayle Cook said...

OMG Colette!!!! Why is this not on the blog?!?!?!? Can it go on the blog?!?!?!? Is it going on the blog on Friday instead?!?!?!?!?


UN-BEA-LIEVABLE!!!!

Jill said...

This is amazing Colette!
I love it, it's just perfect
Nothing more to say!
PS: love your flowers ;)
Hugs, Jill

Karen said...

This is very sweet and beautifully made - perfect! Karen x

Christina said...

Woww this is absolute fantastic Colette! Looks fabulous!!
Hugs Kristel

Shirley-Anne said...

hi Colette. I think you dillied the card up just fine !Flowers are beautifully arranged .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

Lionelsa said...

Adorable card and frame.
Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week!

Mary J said...

Colette, just brilliant! I love the colours too!

Thx for linking it up to the Make it Monday party!

Mary J x

Kirsty said...

Wow! I've never seen this image before. What beautiful colouring and what a nice layout! Good job. Thanks for joining us at Crazy Challenge - good luck!

Sharon said...

These are just fantastic!!! Love the card and the framed piece. Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!! :)

scrappingmamma said...

AMAZING trio, I love the image and ribbon...,Just FABULOUS my friend!Thank-you for sharing your creativity with us all,I'm peeking in from the" Make It Monday"blog :-)
Scrappingmamma ~
Http://www.scrappingmamma.net

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

WOOOWWW!! What an amazing card and altered frame! Love how you adhered the ribbon. Beautiful flowers too. Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge!

Kath - GD
"Let's Get Scrappy!"
http://kmcbhernandez.blogspot.com/

Davi said...

Cute little card with the lovely embellies. Thanks for sharing it with us at TT this week.

Deanna Mulder said...

I love this. It is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Playtime!

Lyndi said...

Oh - I love Teddy Bo n Bea! This is sooo yummy. Love that sentiment too.

Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

Lxx

Anonymous said...

This is such a darling set! Thanks for sharing this at Tuesday Throwdown. :-)