Saturday 30 July 2011

Beth and Ben get Married

Before any of my family get confused (I have a sister called Beth, but she's married to Chris) I'm talking about the Clipart Fairy's Beth and Ben bear, now you can buy Beth and Ben in lots of different situations, but not as a bride and groom, so I thought well why not put them together and see what I can come up with, and this is the result.

I used one of the Ben Bears from Ben's New Tie and a Beth from Just Beth Bear-Pink, I made her a little veil from some crystal organza, using Stickles around the edge to stop it from fraying and add a little sparkle, the little sequin flowers in her headband came from Mei Flower and she is holding a little bouquet of roses from stash. Beth and Ben are attached to strips of card that go through slots in the side of the card so that they are free-standing, I used a paper, the doors, shaped plaque and word-art (on the reverse) from the interactive Pink Flowers Arc Easel kit, the horseshoe image came from the Wedding Horseshoe set I resized it, printed a couple, arranged them in position and layered them up. Flowers and ribbon are from stash and the sentiment is computer generated. There is quite a lot of glamour dust sprinkled around here and there too.

Close up to show the veil and bouquet

Card closed

From the back

I'm really pleased with the way it turned, out although you don't get all the three dimensional-ness!?!?! and sparkliness of it in a photo, it looks fab in real life.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges.

Inspire Me Fridays - always anything goes
Sew Many Cards - anything goes
Digi Doodle Shop's Best - anything goes
Forever Friends - must include an animal - pastel colors
Paper Shelter Challenge - #24 anything goes
Daisy Doodles Creative Challenge  - Anything goes using a digi
Make it Monday - Anything goes

13 comments:

Georgia said...

What a great card. The image is so sweet. The veil is a great touch. Thanks for joining us at sew many cards.

Miss Emerald said...

Beautiful, soft, solemn, original, gorgeous! Congratulations!

Karen said...

One word - stunning!

Christina said...

This is really a gorgeous card Colette!
Hugs Kristel

Rosietoes said...

Your imagination knows no bounds Colette (ask me how I know!). This is gorgeous and I love the colours you have used.

Edna x

Daniele said...

Hi Colette just popping by to say a big hello, I'm lookin' forward to working with the team at Polka Doodles
hugs and best wishes
Daniele

KraftyKoolKat said...

How cute. I love the layout of your card. Thank you for joining us at DDSC this week.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Marianne Louise said...

wow, I really love this card.
How cute are those bears !?
I like the way you used them on this card.

Marianne

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Colette! The bears are so cute and a fantastic layout. xx

ahlers5 said...

Absolutely love the fold on this card. Adorable bears. Thanks for joining us at DDSC.
Diane

Debs said...

Really cute card, thanks for joining us at TPS
Hugs Debs

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card and a fabulous image and papers. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Rene said...

What a fabulous layout! I love it!
Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Rene :D