Saturday 8 September 2012

Baubles and Butterflies

Yesterday I told you that I had used two Clipart Fairy kits and made four cards with each kit, well today I have the second card from each kit to show you.

This time around I haven't used the graphics that came with the kit, just the papers.
For the first card, I printed one of the papers onto A4 card and then cut to make an A5 landscape card base.I made a couple of baubles in Photoshop and filled them with papers from the kit. I die cut a large circle to the right hand side of the front of my card. Added the wording panel so that it overhung the circle, and then glittered the baubles, added ribbon to the top and attached them to the panel with a couple of layers of foam tape. I used another paper from the kit on the reverse of the insert, so that it showed through the die cut circle.

Kit - Letter to Santa - Clipart Fairy
Circle Die
Wording - computer generated
Gold Metallic Ribbon - Meiflower

On my second card I used some butterfly digi-stamps and filled them with papers from the kit in Photoshop, (paper piecing, but digitally), and made antennae from black metallic cord. They were shaped and attached to the card with foam tape down the centre.
I punched out some flowers and used sequin blossoms for the centres.



HA Flutterbies - Hero Arts digital stamps - 2P's
Flowers - X cut Punches
Wording - computer generated
Black cord (butterfly antenna's) and sequin blossom (flower centres) - Meiflower

I have also used some new sparkly bits from Mei, they look fabulous in real life, like Pave diamonds, but they are so new they are not on the website yet and I'm not sure what they are called. If I find out I will edit the post.

Back tomorrow,
see you then,
Hugs,
Colette xx

2 comments:

SUZYD said...

BEAUTIFUL CARDS,LOVE THE BUTTERFLIES.SUZYD X

Karen said...

Really nice cards, like the colours used in the butterfly card.