Sunday 4 March 2012

Clipart Fairy Shapers

Today I have a couple of cards to show you made from the Clipart Fairy Shapers CD. There are 24 different shaper sets on the CD, all in a Ready to Print and Interactive version, and covering everything from baby, love, new home, graduation, Christmas and of course birthday.

I thought I would make up both a sympathy and belated birthday card using the interactive versions.

For the sympathy card I re-sized the base shaper to fit a 15cm square card, then printed it out onto the RH side of a piece of A4 card, scored, folded and then around the shaper through both layers, leaving the parts that touched the score line intact. The topper was re-sized to fit inside the base layer then before attaching to the front of the card I punched some holes into it and threaded cream ribbon through them. I added some fab silver stick on pearls in between each loop of ribbon and a bow to finish it off.

I also used the shapers to make a couple of inserts for inside, leaving one blank to write a message on.

Sympathy Shaper Set Interactive- Clipart Fairy Shapers CD
Ribbon and pearls - MeiFlower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The second card is a belated birthday card, and anyone out there who knows me well knows how rubbish I am at getting cards to people on time, so when my hubby saw me making this one, he told me I should just make about 100 and then I would have everyone's birthday covered for the year LOL! At this point I would like to say what a cheek! but to be honest he is probably right. Check out the comments I bet my friend Karen will totally agree with him!

In my imaging software (photoshop in my case) I laid the base shaper over a piece of lilac digital paper and printed it out, I then cut the middle from the shaper to make an aperture. I used another base shaper exactly the same size and  topper slightly smaller, to which I added my own wording, printed cut and then attached them  to the inside of the card, making sure the inside shaper lined up exactly with the aperture.
On the front of the card I punched holes into a strip of matching patterned card and threaded ribbon through, in between each loop of ribbon I added a little button.



Forgotten Birthday Shaper Set Interactive - Clipart Fairy Shaper CD
Border punch - Martha Stewart,
Purple pearlised paper and flower - Stash
Polka dot ribbon and buttons - MeiFlower

 I added a panel inside with the rest of the sentiment on and leaving enough space to write a message.

There are a couple of freebie digi-papers over on the Clipart Fairy blog

I had a great time at the craft show yesterday, bought some more dies to add to my ever growing collection, along with lots of other goodies, said hello to Mei who was working away on her very busy stall, and also bumped into Wendy (Clipart Fairy), who I didn't know was going to be there.

see you soon,

Colette xx

2 comments:

Daniele said...

what great cards and I just love the sentiment on the belated one.....lol
hugs

Karen said...

I know exactly what Eric meant! Couldn't help laughing when I read the Belated Birthday sentiment - I know you soooo well. In your defence you were on time this year (if the end of the day still counts!?!) And Colette your cards are always worth waiting for!
Love what you have done with the ribbon and pearls/buttons. Fab cards as usual. Can't wait to hear all about the goodies you bought at the show.
Love - Karen x