Thursday 8 March 2012

Aaah Bisto!

Well not quite, but Aaah Asda Chosen By You Gravy Granules for Meat just doesn't have the same ring to it LOL!

Today over on D'Arcy's Diaries we are holding our very first challenge, we thought we'd start off with an
Anything Goes
challenge, your entry must include a D'Arcy's Diaries image, and there is a fantastic prize of 5 D'Arcy images of their choice for the winner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From this....

Now back to the Bisto,  Asda gravy granules - standing in my kitchen on Sunday with an empty gravy granule tub in my hand  I suddenly had a light bulb moment. A couple of weeks ago, Maritha, one of my Teddy Bo teamies, had made a gorgeous money box using a Pringles tube check it out here, I loved the idea, but didn't have the Pringle tube, so looking at my gravy granule tub I thought to myself, I'm sure this will do the job just as well, and here is how it ended up.

...to this


image - DD_022 - coloured in photoshop
Papers - various - Clipart Fairy
Die cut - Nellie Snellen
Punch - Iotonic - Daisies
Ribbon, gems, pearls, charms - MeiFlower

I turned the tub upside down so the lid would open from the bottom, cut a slot into the top (bottom) and then wrapped paper around it. The A4 paper didn't quite meet in the middle, but I was planning to cover the join with a punched border anyway so it wasn't a problem. I used double sided tape to stick ribbon around the edges and over the top, and added gems, pearls and charms for decoration. I love the way it turned out and have already started planning my next one, although we have a lot of gravy granules to get through first LOL! A big thank you to Maritha for the inspiration.


Check out the D'Arcy's Diaries blog to see what the rest of the DT have been up to.


5 comments:

cheryl said...

oh wow love what you have done,with this Hun,its just stunning really beautiful colours hugs Cherylx

Roma said...

Gorgeous work ! its amazing what you can do with a gravy granules tub isn't it lol! well done ! x

Karen said...

I love it, and the ribbon is gorgeous!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous!! Beautiful design paper.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!! So creative and really beautiful Colette.
xx