Wednesday 15 April 2015

Saving the Day!

I'm off to the theatre tonight to see Dirty Dancing, with my daughter, my friend and her daughter, really looking forward to a girl's night out.

Now a girls night out makes me think of wine (is that normal LOL!), I have quite a collection of jokey wine themed sentiments and I am always looking for images that will go with them, so I was thrilled when I came across this Bugaboo digi-stamp, and then to top it all off I found a little corkscrew charm in my stash for the perfect finishing touch.
The sentiment makes me giggle every time I read it (am I easily amused? - probably!) which is brilliant as I am having a few health problems at the moment which are getting me down a bit, nothing too serious, but causing me a few problems, including with my eyesight, which is a nightmare for me as I tend to do quite a bit of fussy cutting and when everything I look at has a little halo around it, it's hard to tell exactly where I should cut.
My health, is also the reason why my blog has been a bit neglected lately, and probably will be for a few more weeks, hopefully once I get my medication sorted and I start feeling less tired I can get back on track.

Anyway, enough of that, onwards and upwards as the saying goes,
here's my card...


Digital stamp - Glass of Wine - Bugaboo
Papers - Denim and Daisies - Just So Scrappy
Ribbon - Meiflower
Charm - stash

I am entering my card into the following challenges
Sister Act card Challenge #101- Anything Goes
Crafty Catz #274 - 2 or more patterned papers
Simply Papercraft #2 - Anything goes/Steampunk ( I went with AG)
Craft your passion #257- Always anything goes


Hope it gave you a giggle.
hugs,
Colette xx




8 comments:

Sarah said...

What a brilliant card Colette and that sentiment has tickled me too!! Sounds like you are in need of a girls night out and I hope you enjoy it. Wishing you well xx

Dotty Jo said...

So funny! Great card, Colette, Jo x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Colette, wow what a fabulous image and a brilliant sentiment, its a stunning card and I love the design of it to. hugs Shirleyxx

Alison said...

I hope you have a great evening, Colette, and it sounds as though some wine could be on offer too. Your card is fantastic and I love the image and sentiment - my daughter would really appreciate it!! I hope your medical problems get sorted out - I know what you mean about not focussing properly on intricate work.
Hugs, Alison xx

Christine L said...

Firstly... LOVING this fab card and it's wonderful sentiment....

Secondly... enjoy Dirty Dancing - I'm sure you will! Is it on at the Empire??

And thirdly, but most importantly - I'm so sorry to hear you're not too well at the mo... and hope you're back to 100% (or as near as we ever get to that!) soon..

Big hugs
Christine x

cotnob said...

Such a fun card Colette, it made me giggle so I must be easily pleased as well!
I'm sorry to hear that you are having health problems at the moment, I hope you get things sorted soon.
Take care.
Pauline
x

Glenda said...

Cute and fun card! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!
Glenda's Cards

Unknown said...

Oh, I just love the image and sentiment you used! Great card! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion!
~ Bonnie (DT)