Monday 5 January 2015

Belated Happy New Year

Hi there, hope 2015 is treating you well so far. I have started the New Year off with a dose of the flu, which started on 23rd December, and each time I think I am finally getting over it, it hits me again with a bang! I was feeling quite sorry for myself, until speaking to my sister Beth, who has had it for almost a month now.
As I haven't been well I haven't done much at all in the way of card making, although I have managed to crochet myself a pair of wrist warmers and a neck warmer, but haven't been anywhere to wear them yet!

It's time for a new challenge over at Paper Creator today and this year we are changing things around a bit,  the monthly challenge will now start on the 1st of each month (except for this month), and the winner will be announced at the same time as the new challenge is published.

We are starting off this month with an easy peasy challenge
The randomly selected winner will receive a £10 certificate to spend in store.

For my card I used the Sassy Cheryl illustration Hello There Neighbour and also It's the simple things accessory set. I merged a couple of the images from the accessory set so that I could change the greeting on the image from Welcome to Happy Birthday. 
I cut 2cm strips of red card and punched out a border, then arranged the strips to make a square frame for my card. I attached it to the card with foam pads before sticking a pearl in the centre of each flower. I die cut the image, attached it to a scalloped die-cut square and fixed it into place within the punched frame, adding a large red pearl to each corner. A couple of ready-made bows finished it off.


Tonic Layering die set - plain squares and scalloped squares
Stick on pearls and ready made bows - Meiflower

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look,
 pop over to the challenge blog and check out the fabulous inspiration from the rest of my teamies,
hugs,
Colette xx

4 comments:

Christine L said...

Good old RED for Liverpool!! Love this fabbie card Colette.... that border is fabulous - it frames the image so well!

Hope you're starting to feel better now after your flu,,,

Here's to 2015!
Hugs
Christine x

Anonymous said...

Oh Colette, I hope you're starting to feel better, it really knows when to strike! :O Love your card, I adore the Sassy Cheryl images.

Take care
hugs
Vicki x

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Colette, you have chosen a fabulous image and the red and white colour combination is brilliant.
I'm sorry to hear that you have been poorly, I hope you are beginning to feel a lot better.
Pauline
x

Becky said...

I do hope you get well soon Colette. Loving this adorable card.. so sweet.