Saturday 7 December 2013

Bauble card with template

Phew! what a busy week it's been and now a busy weekend too. Our car was returned to us Thursday afternoon all fixed and ready to go, which has put a smile back on Meg's face because we can get her out and about again now.
We are off to see Boyzone on Sunday evening so it's a relief to have the car back and know we don't have to mess around with taxi's (which Meg isn't too keen on)

Today is the start of our last Paper Creator challenge of the year and this time around the theme is
Shaped Cards
Just pop over to the challenge blog and link up your shaped cards to be in with the chance of winning a £10 voucher to spend in store - you don't need to use Paper Creator products but if you do you get two entries into the draw.

I decided to make a bauble shaped card using one of the new Sassy Cheryl illustrations, Snowmen in Love, from Paper Creator. For my shaped card I made myself a template in Photoshop which you can snag from further down the page if you want it.


Image - Snowmen in Love - Sassy Cheryl at Paper Creator
Background paper - Winter Whimsy - Just so Scrappy, Crazy 4 Monograms collab
Glitter card - local Range store
X-cut palm punch Snow Crystals punches large and medium
Ribbons, jingle bells, white metallic cord and stick on gems - Meiflower

I printed the template out onto the reverse of an A4 piece of vintage gold card, given to me by my friend Karen, I was originally going to use Kraft card and when I came across the vintage gold in my stash thought that it was very similar to Kraft in colour, but with a pearly metallic finish.
I cut out the bauble shapes scored along the top of the circle and used double sided tape to stick the top sections together giving me a bauble shaped tent card.
If you trim a small piece from the back of the card it should stand up.

Here's the template, just left click to make larger and then right click and save as


Don't forget to pop over to the Paper Creator Challenge blog and check out the fabulous inspiration from the rest of my teamies.

Thanks for dropping in,
have a lovely weekend,
hugs,
Colette xx


1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi Colette, the card looks a-maz-ing!!! Love it! Thanks for the template xx
You and Meg have fun at the concert tonight.
Love Karen x