Sunday 8 January 2012

Clipart Fairy Shaper Freebie part 1

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that the Clipart Fairy had a Shaper Set and Alphabet freebie over on her blog. (all still available Part 1 Here and Part 2 Here).It is a taste of what is going to be on her latest CD which will be released on 31st January.
The CD will contain approximately 24 different shaper sets, each one in both interactive and ready to print versions, there will also be some alpha's, matching papers and word art. The shapers will start with baby and cover all the major events throughout the year including Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Graduation, Wedding etc., and end with Christmas, there is some more information about it HERE.

I thought that I would use the freebie to show you some ways of using the shaper sets.
In all I made four cards, one with the alphabet and the other three with the shaper set. I will show you two today and two tomorrow.

Firstly here is my card using the alphabet.

 I made a triple twisted easel card, using the letters to spell out the word mum on the easel sections
 and happy birthday along the stopper section.
As well as the freebie Alphabet 
I used papers from Gorgeous Papers Set 2
punched flowers
and a charm, ribbon and pearls from MeiFlower


I am entering this card into the following challenges
Crafty Emma - #67 Anything goes
Fussy and Fancy - Animal Print OR Happy Birthday


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My second card is a very simple one using the freebie shaper set.

 I resized the background shaper to fit a 6 inch square envelope and printed it out so that it was on the right hand half of a piece of A4 card. Once printed I scored down the left hand edge of the shaper then folded, and cut through both layers at once, leaving the parts that touched the fold uncut.
I re-sized the top shaper, so that it was smaller than the background one and added my graphic, printed it, cut it, added ribbon and a charm and attached the whole thing to the card with foam pads. I printed the graphic out a second time, and cut around it leaving a white edge, added a bit of glamour dust to the hair bows and attached with foam pads.
A couple of gems around the edge finished it off.

Bunnies Graphic - The Clipart Fairy
Ribbon, charm and gems - MeiFlower


I haven't added a sentiment to the front yet as I am not sure if I am going to use it as a general birthday card, a friend card or even an Easter card (it has bunnies!)

I am entering this card into the following challenges

Catch The Bug -  January Anything Goes
Forever Friends - A Shaped Card (no square)
Scrapbook Sisters - #66 anything goes 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll be back tomorrow with my second two.

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Two lovely cards, sweet images on the second one and love the triple twisted easel.
Sandy

Maritha said...

ÅHHHH Colette...they are just so cute!! I have printed some out,but i have too look on the blog for "how to do"!! =)I just love the letters!

Big hug hun

Roma said...

Lovely cards ,i like the mum one how you have used the alphas x

Jayne A said...

Fantastic cards.



Jayne
x

karen said...

These are a both brilliant, I love the MUM design, thanks so much for joining us at CES this week, Karenx

Stephanie said...

How fun is this? Thanks so much for playing along at Catch The Bug.

patricia said...

hi
what a nice card
thanks for joining the foreverfriends challenge this month
greetings patricia

Lori said...

WOW, both of your cards are wonderful! I love the triple easel card...very clever. And the adorable bunnies on your second card are just precious. Thanks for playing along in the Catch the Bug challenge this week. Good luck and please do join us again.
Lori

Jennifer said...

Both gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing at CES Challenges xx Jenny xx

Tammy Miller said...

This is just adorable thank you so much for playing along with our January anything goes Challenge, please join us again very soon! Dont forget our Birday Bash and Blog hope starts tom! http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.com/