Sunday 5 June 2011

A Little Bird Told Me!

Hopefully while you are reading this post I am enjoying the beautiful Shropshire sunshine (fingers crossed) from my terrace overlooking the lake, and depending upon the time of day, possibly enjoying a glass or two of wine!
Stacy, Kate her cousin and some friends are off to the Take That concert today, and after getting an absolute soaking at Old Trafford last year I hope the weather stays fine for them this time.

Today I have a card using The Clipart Fairy's A Little Bird Told Me kit. I love the cute little girls in this kit and the great co-ordinating papers, the word art is also included.

Now in my head this card started off life as a rocker card, then I decided to go with the Octagon shape but still in the rocker style, once I had it all printed, cut and laid out in front of me (but not yet folded) I decided that I actually really liked the full octagon, so instead of folding it down the centre as originally planned, off I went to the printer, printed a back for it, and used a scrap piece of card to hinge the two together, I have ended up with quite a large (8 inch) card.
Ribbon, lace and flowers are from stash, and the little birthday tag was cut using a sizzix die.
I printed inserts to match and used them to cover the "hinge".


The Clipart Fairy has loads of fab new kits, digi-stamps and graphics, head over to her store to check them all out, also there is a great Freebie shaper kit on her blog here.

5 comments:

Hellma said...

Great card, love the inside too.

littlebee said...

What a gorgeous card Colette - you're so clever with your designing. I've been making lots of cards also, but as Mr. Blogger is not playing ball (unable to post pics) I've not been able to share them.
Have a lovely holiday with your family and enjoy a glass of wine or two. x

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous Colette!! xx

Christina said...

Woww this is really beautiful Colette!!
Hugs Kristel

Karen said...

Wow! I love this card. You always inspire me with your fantastic cards. The inside of the card are always as beautiful as the front. Amazing!