Thursday 3 July 2014

Thank You Teacher

It's not long now until the kids break up for the summer holidays so I thought it was time to get my grandsons thank you teacher card sorted. My friend told me about a backpack containing a card available at The Clipart Fairy's store so I popped over to take a look. I ended up buying the ready to print kit, printed it out and made it up, showed it to Will the next day and the response was - ooooh that's good, but could you do it in pink, I have a lady teacher and pink one would be better, I checked out the store again, but could only find the blue one, so I took it into Photoshop and tweaked the colour to make him his pink one.
The backpack holds a matching card and there is room to add a bar of chocolate or some sweets too.


RTP Backpack 2 - The Clipart Fairy
For the boy version I just cut some narrow strips of card and made loops for the straps to go through and used some star dies and punches to decorate the card.

On the girl version I dug out a memory box buckle die that I had forgotten I had, and die cut the buckles from silver card, I also personalised the card with the teachers name and added an A+ graphic from a digi scrap kit called ABCDEFun by lliella at Sweet Shoppe Designs.

I gave the blue version to my sister for her son's teacher, so it didn't go to waste.

Thanks for stopping by,
hugs,
Colette xx


6 comments:

Lau W said...

Oh wow ! Superb gifts for teachers !
And yes, it was important to de a pink set ;-)
xxx

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous project Colette, youve done a stunning job on them. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Hristovica said...

Unique sweet set - card and school backpack. Inspiring.

Becky said...

These are just awesome Colette. You are so creative. :)

Dotty Jo said...

Totally outstanding! Jo x

DONNA said...

oooooh love the pink version