Wednesday 23 July 2014

Shabby chic or just plain shabby?!?!?!?

It's time for our summer holidays over at the Paper Shelter this week, we are still having a challenge, but it's a joint challenge for both teams and will run for two weeks, during that time we won't be doing any commenting 'cos we will be too busy being on our holidays LOL!
We still have the same fabulous prize on offer so please do play along and the theme is the super simple
If you win with a Paper Shelter image you will get a $30 gift certificate to spend in store, if you win with any other image you can choose 3 digi stamps from the store instead.

As well as doing fabulous, super-cute digi stamps the Paper Shelter also does some yummy digital paper packs, and for a change I thought that I would make a card using just papers - I used papers from two different packs - Two shades of Romance and In the 20's
I thought the Romance papers were quite shabby chic so decided rather foolishly to go for that style of card, now I have to say right here and now that Shabby Chic is not really my thing, but I'm always up for a challenge so I gave it a go. I very lightly coloured in part of the design on one of my Romance papers and used the other to make the flower.
Here it is - not sure if it's too shabby or not shabby enough and as for the chic, well let's just say it's possibly in there somewhere, just not sure where LOL!

Two shades of Romance Paper Pack - The Paper Shelter (I lightly coloured over the rose design)
In the 20's Paper Pack - The Paper Shelter
Memory box Catalina Wreath
Die cut Lace border - Paper Artist 2 lacy borders
Stick on pearls - Meiflower
Leaf and triple pearl stick pin - Stash

Pop over to the challenge blog and check out the fabulous inspiration from the rest of the DT and if you are lucky enough to be enjoying a holiday over the next two weeks then I hope you have a lovely time.

Thanks for stopping by,
hugs,
Colette xx


6 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Colette, wow youve dont a beautiful job of this card design, and that flower is just stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Karen said...

As someone else who is not a fan of 'shabby chic!?!' - this card is beautiful, very pretty colours and the flower is just gorgeous!!

PS Sorry once again about my rubbish mobile phone usage LOL Give Eric our best wishes :(

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card Colette. I love how you've used these beautiful papers and the gorgeous flower is the perfect touch. hugs, Pat K x

NicoleDesigns said...

Absolutely adore the flowers on this and all the layers.... great job! xo Nikki

Christine L said...

Shabbily BEAUTIFUL Colette... I love it... particularly that FABULOUS flower!

Hugs
Christine x

Gail said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. I mean, this is elegant and beautiful! I know so many ladies who would LOVE this card! How pretty is this and what great dies! Hugs, Gail