Friday 7 June 2013

Shaker card from Foam pad package

Every time I open a new package of foam pads I look at the acetate packaging and think to myself, that would be perfect for a shaker card. I have been collecting the packaging for quite a while now and when I opened a cupboard a week or two ago and they all came tumbling out, I thought it was about time I actually used one of them instead of them just taking up space (although I have only used one, there is still about 30 in the cupboard LOL!)

Here is my card showing how the packaging from this


became this
 
Golfing mini Kit - KaeLynn Winn at DAISIE Co.
Ribbon - Meiflower
Beads -stash,
Golf confetti - after much searching found on ebay

I tried to get a shot of the 'shaker window' from the side, as there is quite a bit of depth to it.

I was really pleased with the way it turned out and am definitely going to do some more, as the window is quite deep I am thinking of adding Smarties or Skittles next time, just need to think of a way for little fingers to get to the sweeties without tearing the card apart!


I am going to enter this card into the following challenges

MilkCoffee Challenge - Father's day or male inspired
Paper Crafting Journey - Masculine cards
Crafty Creations -  One for the boys
The Perfect Sentiment - #82 Father's Day/For a man
Try It On Tuesday  One For The Men


Thanks for popping in,
enjoy your day,
hugs,
Colette xx


9 comments:

Maritha said...

Holy scrap! You clever girl. Soooo great effect! Stunning as always :)

Hope you are fine sweetie ♥
Hugs

Karen said...

Fantastic idea and really effective. The papers and image are great and I love the 'shaky' bits & bobs you have put inside. Brilliant.
Good luck with the sweetie version!?!
xx

Rosietoes said...

I'm like you Colette, a cupboard full of packaging 'that might come in handy' some day. :) Love what you have done with this. Great idea.

Edna x

Lau W said...

Oh great idea, super !!! Your car is wonderful !
xxx

SandeeNC said...

Ah, now there is a great shaker card! absolutely love your idea! Thanks for playing along with us over at Technique Tuesday For the Men Challenge, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Claudia N. said...

What a veeeery clever idea with the golf balls in the awesome shaker card! So much fun and creative!
Thank you for sharing this with us at TIOT!

Claudia x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome sweetie. Great masculine card. Thank you for sharing your lovely creation with us at Paper Crafting Journey.
Hugs
Cathy DT
xxxxxx

Evil Edna said...

that is really, thoughtful interesting and cool. thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

Michele Spera said...

Great job on this card!! Love it,Thank you for joining us at MilkCoffee
Hugs
Michele