Monday 3 June 2013

My Besties Challenge and freebie wordart

It's team A's turn to host the My Besties challenge this week and our theme is 
You must use a My Besties image and follow the theme.
Top Prize $30 Besties digis
5 runners up each receive 5 digis

I thought it might be a good idea to sew all the papers onto the mats, even though it is 25 years since I last used a sewing machine. I started with the circle, but it was a bit of a disaster, some of it wasn't too bad, but some of it was so higgledy piggledy that it looked like my 18 month old grandson had done it! (I've hidden the higgledy piggledy part behind the image hehe!)

At that point I decided to just add buttons LOL!!!

Image - My Besties Slick Ozzie - Coloured in Photoshop
Papers - My Birthday Boy - Just So Scrappy
Wordart - made by me - scroll down and snag it
Spellbinders - Grand Circles
RicRac - Sizzix - Hydrangeas and Borders.
All Boy button - found in stash
Polka dot buttons - Meiflower

I am entering my card into these challenges

A & T Emerald Faeries - Dies/Punches
Digi Galore - use digi - anything but square
Ladybug Crafts - For the men in your life
Scrap It Girl  - Use your dies
That Craft Place - Dies and Punches (ends 8th June)
Make it Monday - always anything goes
Digi Darla Challenge - Masculine
Kaboodle Doodles - For the Kids
ABC Challenges - W, cards only, E3, C10 - Masculine


don't forget to pop over to the challenge blog and check out the fabulous inspiration from my teamies.

Freebie Wordart

Left click each one, to make larger, then right click and save as.

Thanks for stopping by,
Enjoy your day,
hugs,
Colette xx



24 comments:

Karen said...

Great card design - love the colours and your fabulous colouring in Photoshop - perfect!
Well done on the sewing - I can't even sew in a straight line, let alone a circle!!!
Thanks for the fab word art - love it! x

Wendy said...

Hi Collette, love the 'sewing-story' haha!! Your card is very beautiful, love the colours also.
Hugs, Wendy (DT)

Wendy said...

Me again... I've forgotten to thank you for the freebies! They're lovely, thanks!

Lau W said...

Love the vibrant colors of this card, superb work Colette !
xx

Robin said...

How cute! Love the word art too! Thank you for joining us at Crafting When We Can. Unfortunately, you have entered too many challenges to be eligible for ours. I do hope you will join us again. Hugs, Robin

Debbie said...

Lovely card Colette and it looks just as good in the flesh :)

Hugs
Debbie

Chrissy said...

Fantastic image and colouring Collette, love the word art too,and fabulous card shape..

Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Christy Designs said...

Beautiful image with great coloring Collette ! Perfect for boy card

Unknown said...

Oh how cute ~ love those brown eyes!

Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Elena V. said...

It's so funy! I saw it on Make it Monday.

Debi said...

Wonderful shaped card. Love all the shapes and bright colors. Gotta love a crafter who can both spell and hide the higgledy piggledy parts!

BTW - Saw your card on Make It Monday. TFS
DebiB
thatmightlookgoodonacard.blogspot.com

Laura W said...

Love how fun and bright this card is. I too like the notion of sewing on my card, but it's been far too long since I've sewn too.
Thanks for playing along at the Digi Darla Design blog.
Thanks also for the wordart :)

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a beautiful card design. So cute. Thanks for joining this month's challenge at Scrap It Girl. Hope to see ya again soon.
Thanks
Rachelle,DT

Billie A said...

Love the little guy and the coloring is beautiful. Love the sentiment. Great idea for word placement. Very nice card.

Billie A said...

OOPs I saw your card on MIM

loz said...

Gorgeous card and colors Colette. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Joey said...

Hiya Colette, this is fab fab fab, I love your bold colours, sweet image and great shape, Popped in from mim. Joey xx

Denise Pustelniak said...

COOL! Love the way you hid the higgledy piggledy!


Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla’s

Lela said...

What a fun card design! Great colors. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge Blog this week

Unknown said...

What a happy card, lovely and bright. Thanks for sharing it with us at Country View Challenges this month. Chris xxx

DistinctiveLMNts said...

This is too cute and I love the shape of your card. Thank you for joining us in the challenge at Digi Galore.
Lisa

Dawn said...

Awesome card, wonderful color job in photoshop, thanks for entering at Scrap It Girl for this months die challenge.

Unknown said...

Awesome bday card!

Rebecca said...

How fun! Thanks for joining us at Scrap It Girl!