Saturday 15 June 2013

Paper Creator challenge and my new Peacock!

Woohoo! it's the weekend again! shame about the grotty weather! At least there is something to look forward to as today is the start of the latest Paper Creator challenge and I got to pick the theme, which is

You don't have to use Paper Creator products, but if you do you get two entries into the draw for the £10 store voucher.

I decided to make three cards for the challenge, mainly because I used a fabulous Mega Bundle called Simple Cards, which contains 20 card fronts all using Sassy Cheryl images, (simple they may be, but they are also very effective).
Each one comes with two versions of the topper, (one with wording, one blank for adding your own) , matching inserts and the decoupage layers for the image. They all have swirls on too, which I thought would be perfect for glittering or adding gems to and at only £7 for 20 card fronts it's a bit of a bargain too!

Birthday Tweets
I added wording which I came across on the Sassy Cheryl blog to the blank topper and used all decoupage layers, then glittered around the inner blue line of the frame and all the swirls, added glossy accents to hair accessories and the heart on the envelope.The ribbon, birdie charm and tiny diamante ribbon slider are all from Meiflower.


 Swinging by to say Hi!!

I used the topper with wording and made up all the decoupage layers, added glitter around the inner edge of the frame, to all the swirls, her hair accessories and shoe laces, the string the star is hanging by and the spots on the star. I also punched some stars out of a silver glittery paper I bought at HobbyCraft many years ago, and added some yellow stick on gems from Meiflower to the ends of the swirls and the dot of the i.

and finally - Happy Thoughts
This time around I only used one layer of the decoupage, glittered around the inner edge of the frame, the hair bow, shoe laces, dress pattern and the little heart on ted's leg, added my own sentiment, (there is a freebie version of it on my blog HERE if you want to snag it)which is glittered around the edge and above and below the sentiment. The ribbon and charm are from Meiflower, as are the stick on gems which I went to town with, adding them to the swirls using a mix of turquoise blue and crystal, with a few more on the sentiment circle for good measure LOL!

Check the bundle out HERE.

Don't forget to pop over to the challenge blog and check out the rest of my teamies sparkling inspiration.

Now something that has nothing at all to do with cards - just before my birthday last month I came across a gorgeous metal peacock sculpture in our local garden centre that I thought would look lovely by the pond in my garden. I got enough money for my birthday to go and buy it (helped a little more by the fact that my friends daughter works in the garden centre and gets 20% discount) so yesterday, Julie, her daughter Alison and I went Peacock shopping, (which obviously included a small detour into the restaurant for cake and coffee LOL!).  Anyway, I thought I would show you a couple of pics of my new Peacock, standing by the pond, although I haven't quite decided exactly where it's final resting place will be yet.

as you can see from this photo I have a bit of a fantasy theme going on around the pond, with the fairy and goblin sitting on the side of the raised pond and the gargoyle in the background overlooking it.

The lower pond is covered with netting at the moment as my youngest grandson loves to run around out there, and we need to keep him safe, although he is pretty good and knows not to get too close to the ponds, we also need to keep the fish safe as there is a heron about and he has managed to get a few fish in the past.

Thanks for stopping by,
have a lovely weekend,
hugs,
Colette xx

1 comment:

Karen said...

As you know, I just love the Sassy Cheryl images from Paper Creator! The Cards you have made with them are gorgeous, and having seen them 'in the flesh' I know they are so much more sparkly than they are showing up in the photographs.
As for the Peacock - I love it!!! It looks great against the pond and lets hope it act as a deterrent to that naughty Heron!?! xx