Thursday 27 June 2013

Make a Splash!

Here's a card I made for the recent My Besties Newsletter. I made a side stepper card, with an extra "step" at the front, as I wanted my Bestie to look like she was floating along on her inflatable tyre ring (something I wouldn't need if I wanted to float, as I have my own built in spare tyre! Hehe!)

Image - img830 - My Besties (coloured in Photoshop)
Papers and splash - Pool Party - Just so Scrappy
Fish - Nitwits Collections - From the Sea
Wording - computer Generated
Mother of pearl card and jute - from stash

I printed out the wave paper and cut along the wave design, then added a bit of glamour dust to the edge of the top wave on each section. The back section containing the image is made up of three layers of  'waves' added with foam pads to give dimension, the image, fish and splash sentiment have also been fixed into place using foam pads.

I am entering this card into the following challenges
Aud Sentiments Challenge - Summer
Charisma Cardz -  #25 Recipe card 1, 2, 3 Recipe ( 3 shells, 2 fish, 1 image)
MilkCoffee Challenge - Summer fun
Paper Crafting Journey -  Anything but a Square
LEJ Designs  - #59 The Sun Has Got His Hat On

Thanks for stopping by,
hugs,
Colette xx

7 comments:

Maritha said...

Sooo cooool. And i have lots more than one spare tyre. .lol

Hugs

Lau W said...

Oh superb scene, so lovely card, so fun !
xxx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Thank you so much for entering the LEJ Designs Challenge No. 59 - The Sun Has Got His Hat On...

This is absolutely amazing. I love the fold of the card with the wave paper layers. The image is beautiful and very colourful and then the addition of the fishes is genius. A fun summer card.

We have weekly challenges, so I hope to see many more lovely makes from you in the future.

Hugs Lisa xxxxxx LEJ DT Member

Jacki Daniels said...

very creative love it thanks for playing along with us @ PCJ this time
Jacki xx

Karen said...

Fantastic design Colette - I love the image and the colouring is superb as usual. Love the little fish on the right - so cute! x

Christy Designs said...

Ouw... this is so cute !
Love your design and coloring.
Christy xx

Jacqueline Muller said...

What a funny sunny card you've made! Very nice!
Thanks for joining the Paper Crafting Journey Challenge.
Hugs, Jacqueline