Saturday 7 April 2012

Diamond Jubilee 2


Following on from Wednesday's jubilee card, here is card number two. This time around I made a Jubilee stamp. 
The Queen's head was taken from this picture of one of only four plaster-casts made of the Queens head by sculptor Arnold Machin, and is the image used on all the Royal Mail stamps.

I used Photoshop to extract the background so I was left only with the head, I added the wording and then turned it into my Jubilee stamp by attaching it to an X-Cut postage stamp die.

I used small pieces of red, white and blue 10mm ribbon for the bunting,

The rosette was made by gathering up lengths of ribbon and joining them into circles, the red layer was made from wide satin ribbon, the white and blue layers from 10mm satin ribbon. The white layer was gathered loosely and then attached to a small piece of scrap card, to make a circle slightly wider than the tightly gathered blue layer.
Paper - Clipart Fairy - Modern Heritage CD
X-cut nesting dies - Postage Stamp
EK success - Arched scallop punch
All ribbons and gems - MeiFlower

This afternoon I'm off to the theatre with my friend Julie, her mum and daughter, we are going to see the King and I. When I was growing up I used to watch all the old musical films with my nan on the telly on Sunday afternoons, and I have quite a large collection of DVD's starring Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, Danny Kaye etc., but The King and I was always one of my favourites, so I am really looking forward to seeing it as a theatre production.

Have a lovely weekend
hugs,
Colette xx

*** edited to add *** I have now put the stamp up as a freebie, if you would like it go to this post HERE

2 comments:

Karen said...

Another gorgeous Jubilee card. I know how much work you put in to getting the Queen's image just right in Photoshop (you have amazing patience!) The ribbon bunting is great. The whole card is brillant.
Hope you enjoy your trip to the theatre.
Love, Karen x

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and the way you have done that stamp.....