Sunday 15 April 2012

Clipart Fairy - Dougy

Today I have two cards to show you suitable for a young boy. I used papers, images and a shaper set from the Clipart Fairy's Dougy collection.

For my first card I used the Dougy shaper set xtra, but me being me it looks nothing like a shaper card!
I re-sized the plain shaper to fill an A4 piece of card width-ways. The patterned shaper I made slightly smaller. I decided to use the fancy frame as a mat for one of the Dougy goes to school images, and I made my own word art. I inked around the edges of everything with a creamy brown ink pad and then scored and folded the plain shaper in half to make a tent fold, I cut the patterned shaper in half and attached to the front and back of the card base. I attached the fancy frame with double sided tape, cut around Dougy leaving a white edge and fixed him into place with a layer of foam pads, the word art was fixed with a double layer of foam pads.


My second card is an easel card, made using Dougy papers and an image from Dougy's pets. I made my own ribbon slider for the sentiment.
 When closed this is a 15cm square card, Dougy is the full height of the card when closed. I have attached him to the front section of the easel card and then cut around him and along the crease, so he stands out from the easel.
Gingham ribbon - Meiflower
Gold card candy - stash

You can find the whole Dougy range here.

Hugs,
Colette xx

1 comment:

Catherine said...

These are both fab male cards but I really love the arrow on the first one.....