Wednesday 5 October 2011

A Plethora of Printables

The Clipart Fairy is moving toadstools, she needs more space (probably for all her craft stuff LOL!) so is moving into bigger accomodation. I offered to help by making up some samples for her with the new printables she has been loading up in the store here.

My first card is made using the Beary Merry Christmas Frame printable. I removed the centre panel and then printed one of the papers that come in the set onto card, and used this to make a backing card for the frame. I cut around the word art and attached it to the backing, The top of the frame is attached to the card, but I  added a concertina of card between the bottom of the frame and the card so that the frame stands away at the bottom. I covered the bears hat brim and pom-pom with Carole's Crafts Soft Stuff (flowersoft).


Next up is two cards from the Frilled square cards Grin and Bear it set, there are five different designs in this set along with matching inserts and sentiment strips all for only £1.50.


Once again I cut a section of the card away around the image, you can use them as they are, but I like the extra bit of interest. I printed out the matching insert, and then printed the reverse with a different design, so that you could see a contrast through the 'window'.
On the Happy Birthday card I added a little Teddy Bear charm from MeiFlower and vintage seam binding from The Ribbon Girl.

On the Just for You card I added a Magnolia DooHickey swirl, flowers from Creative Treasures and pearls from stash.

Next up is the Rocker Starter set - Let It Snow 1 you can also purchase a couple of Add on toppers, so you have a variety of topper designs that co-ordinate with the rocker base.


 Once again I cut the centre of the frame away, this time dangling a snowflake charm from the middle. I drew a line with tacky glue and then scrunched some seam binding up into it at intervals. The snowflake is made using my new Nestability create a flake 3 die, after cutting and embossing, the layers were rubbed over with a blue ink pad whilst still in the die. I then brushed each layer over with slightly watered down tacky glue and sprinkled in glamour dust, then layered up using foam pad between each layer. The little crystals are from MeiFlower and the blue glitter is from Debbi Moore.

My final offering for today is made with the Hohoho Santa with presents shaper, I have used the ready to print version, but there is also an editable version in the kit so that you can add your own wording or personalisation. 

I decided to use the components in the kit to make an easel card, but you can put them together in other ways to make different styles of card. I edged around the pieces with gold glitter, mounted one to the other with foam pads, built up the little bit of decoupage and then mounted the whole thing onto my easel base. The snowflake paper is included in the kit. I cut poinsettias out of blue card stock using a Marianne Creatables die and added gold centres. The ribbons are from stash.


I don't think one single card escaped from a generous sprinkling of glamour dust or glitter LOL!

I have another two cards printed out, they are both Grin and Bear it designs, one is a rocker and the other is an OTT. I am hoping I can get them both made today, so look out for them coming to a blog near you very soon!!! LOL!


3 comments:

The Fairy said...

awesome hun just awesome and what would i do without you :)

big hugs
wendy x

Miss Emerald said...

Very, very beautiful Christmas cards! First grabbed me most with this recumbent bear! Congratulations!

Karen said...

The fact that you made these 5 cards in one day is amazing! (especially considering you were talking to me on the phone for a hour before-hand!!) These new images from The Clipart Fairy are lovely. I especially like the Bear cards, they are really cute and very pretty. Well done Colette! Love Karen xx