Saturday 8 October 2011

One (or two, or three) for the boys!

Today is a very special day as my 'baby' (the youngest of my two girls) will be celebrating her 21st birthday! 
Hope you have a fabulous day Meg!

Now onto today's cards, recently all I seem to have made is either Christmas or girlie cards, I was getting fed up with them and felt like a bit of a change, so today I have made a couple of male/boy cards with Printables from the Clipart Fairy.


The first two are made using the Over The Top - Teen Cool Dude printable. The set contains the boy sitting on the frame, some decoupage layers and circle sentiments, I cut out the main image, layered up the decoupage, added the circle sentiment, a button and grosgrain ribbon from stash, and then attached a tent card, cut to size to the back, easy peasy.



Then, to show that you are not limited to just one style of card with a printable, I used it again, with papers from the Boy Trendz 1 kit to make an easel card, I added the wording in the frame before printing, and used the circle sentiment as the stopper. Some brown grosgain ribbon, string and buttons from stash finished it off.



The second card is a little more grown up, the Over The Top,-You still got it set comes with both the version with the wording, (which I have used), and a version left blank so you can add your own message or personalisation. I decided to keep this one quite simple so after I had printed it out, and layered up the decoupage, I just added a couple of brads. I then attached the whole thing to a card blank leaving some of the card showing all around the edge, and trimmed the corners to follow the shape of the topper.



As cards for the male members of the family are never easy it is always useful to have a couple tucked away in your stash, and at only 50p per download, these are great value for money,
and quick and easy to put together.

I'm expecting quite a few visitors today, for Meg's birthday and then we are going out this evening for a meal with family and friends. I also imagine a few glasses of wine will be finding their way down my throat tonight, so I may be a litttle delicate in the morning!

5 comments:

Daniele said...

what great Guy cards
have a lovely weekend
hugs

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Great cards for the guys! Hope you have a great weekend. Happy Birthday Meg! xxxxxx

Maritha said...

That is sooooo cool!! Just loved it!! =)

Hugs Maritha

Christina said...

That looks really beautiful Colette!
Hugs Kristel