Saturday 29 October 2011

Crazy!!!

Now when I say Crazy, I'm not actually talking about myself, although there are a few people out there who would probably disagree LOL! 
Crazy is the name of a collection of printables, shapers and papers from the Clipart Fairy. I love the bright vivid colours and as well as using one of the printable kits I also wanted to do something with the papers, so today I have made two cards.


My first card is made using the Crazy Super Oval Frames Kit with bunting from the square frame kit.



I die cut some buttons from a Marianne Creatables die, covered them in glossy accents and left them to dry while I cut out and decoupaged my two oval sections. I joined the ovals together with a small piece of double sided tape at the top and a concertina of card at the bottom to hold the two sections apart.
I had to trim a small straight section across the bottom of the two ovals so that my card would stand, it's only a little amount and isn't too noticeable.
I lined up the buttons at the top, punched holes through all layers then attached the buttons to the card using different colours of wax string from MeiFlower, I added the 'happy' bunting and a computer generated birthday panel.
I reduced the size of one of the ovals in my graphics programme and added some wording to make a message panel for the back of the card.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges

Poodles Parlour- let's hear if for the boys theme
Moving Along With The Times - No Girls Allowed
Digital Tuesday - include a digital element - #134 Buttons & Twine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My second card uses the Shaper set and papers from the Crazy papers set, this set contains 23 12x12 jpeg papers for only £1.50, which I think is great value.



I printed one of the shaper sections over to the right hand side of my card, then scored down the left hand side of the shaper so that some of the edge touched the score line. I folded the card and used pegs to hold the two layers together while I cut through both layers at once.
I reduced the size of the shaper in my graphics programme and added my wording for the sentiment panel, this is attached to the card with foam pads. 
After printing various paper designs onto a sheet of paper I used MFT Die-namics dies (rolled flowers - Gardenia, Daisy and  Mum)  and Fancy Flourish and used them to decorate around the sentiment panel. There is also a bit of glamour dust sprinkled here and there and pearls from MeiFlower in the flower centres!

I would like to enter this card into these challenges


Aud Sentiments Challenge -  Make Us Laugh (sentiment)
Paper Crafting Journey - Use a Digi (everything except for pearl and glitter LOL!)
Paper Shelter Challenge - #37 Anything goes
Make it Monday - always Anything Goes

20 comments:

gina g said...

Fabulous card hun i love your flowers. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week. luv gina xx

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Fabby card hun - love the flowers - I'm not crazy says the narrator of Fairytale Friday............. I don't believe a word of it :c)

Rene said...

Both of these are just fantastic!!! I love the papers and layout...just wonderful!
Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! Don't forget that to win, just leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw it on MIM! The more comments left, the greater your chance of winning!
Rene :D

Sue B said...

Ooh love the design of this Colette! That's a great tip to cut a little section to make it stand up too!! It's not noticeable and works really well. Love the the image, gorgeous bright colours and the buttons and bunting are fab!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT Challenge
Love your other card also, the shape of it and the flowers are stunning!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs Sue xx

DesignerDiva said...

OMG Colette I love both of these cards! Your papers and colours are just gorgeous, the image on the first is fantastic and you details and design are just awesome!

Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and good luck with the challenge
Laurie x
PS I have some candy running if you're interested

Anonymous said...

Lol, two fab cards Colette! Love the sentiments.
x

Roma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roma said...

Lovely cards ,i especially like the second one with the brilliant verse x

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love both these card - the colors used are divine!

June Nelson said...

Fabby card and love the oval shape and colour combo xxxx

Michelle said...

Hi

Wow, two fabulous cards!

The papers are so pretty.

I love the the shape and layout of the second card, just gorgeous.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Kim said...

wonderful card! Thanks for playing with us at TPS!!!

Pami said...

Love these cards! The papers and colours are fabulous and love the flowers on the second one. Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

Karen said...

Hi Colette, love the colours of the papers, they are really clean and bright. I love the image on the first card, it always makes me smile. Fab cards! :-)

Unknown said...

What a fun, crazy card!!! Thanks for playing at Digital Tuesday Challenge.

Dragonlady said...

Love both your fun cards. Great colours. Thank you for playing at Aud sentiments.

hugs Ali x

Clairebears said...

Wooo Hooo I have my Poodles Parlour hat on!!!

Gorgeous card Colette, I can see another trip to Clipart Fairys!

Thanks for joining us at the Poodle Parlour and good luck :0)

Love Clairebears x

PS you mad - never ;0)

Anonymous said...

Such great cards! I love the colors and that first one is such a cute image!
Thanks for joining our For the Boys challenge at Poodles Parlour this week.
Tammy DT

Carol said...

Two great cards, love your second sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments this time. Carol DT x

Suzie McFloozy said...

Great card I love your flowers and a great sentiment which made me smile x
Thanks for playing along with us at paper crafting journey and good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo