Wednesday 27 July 2016

Summer Break

This week we are having our usual summer break challenge at The Paper Shelter, it's a joint challenge, both design teams will be taking part, it will run for 2 weeks and there will be no commenting.
Our theme is the super easy...


There are great prizes up for grabs! If you are our randomly selected winner and play with a TPS image then you have a chance of winning a $30 gift certificate, any other image and you will win three digis of your choice.

I made an engagement card using the giraffe valentine image from the Giraffes on Holidays pack. My card is what I am going to call a double fold back card, (not sure if that's the correct term, but it will do), First, I scored at 6cm and 10cm from the left hand edge, then flipped the card 180 degrees and did the same for the other side, next I valley folded at 6cm and a mountain folded at 10cm. I also used a border punch down each outside edge.


Digital image - Giraffes on Holidays - The Paper Shelter
Papers - Lovestruck - Nitwits
Tonic geared border punch - Victorian Scallop
X-cut heart punch - large
Ribbon, diamante slider and gems - Meiflower

Pop over to the Paper Shelter blog and check out the fabulous inspiration from the rest of my teamies.

Thanks for stopping by,
hugs,
Colette xx

3 comments:

Karen said...

Great card, cute image. x

Nannieflash said...

Good Morning Colette, firstly I want to thank you for working with me. What a stunning card design and the way youve coloured that image is beautiful, love the papers to. Have a fab break. hugs Shirleyxxx

Christine L said...

I'm LOVING that cute giraffe image Colette... and your double fold back/valley whatever card is gorgeous... My eldest has just got engaged and I have to think about making an engagement card for her... something like this would probably be perfect as she's 6ft 1" and he's 6ft 3"! LOL!

Big hugs
Christine x