Tuesday 9 September 2014

If only....

...there were more hours in a day and more days in a week, especially this month! September is one of the busiest months for family birthdays and anniversaries, plus a couple of weddings too, that I am just about keeping on top of all the cards I need to make.
Yesterday was my brother-in-law Robert's birthday and about 3 o'clock in the afternoon I suddenly realised I hadn't made him a card, on top of that, it is his son (my nephew) Matthew's birthday on the 18th and Rob and Carole's wedding anniversary on the 20th. As hubby and I will be away that week, celebrating our Silver wedding in a gorgeous cottage right by the sea in Holyhead (check it out here), I decided it would be best to get all their cards made and dropped off last night while we there enjoying cake and wine for Rob's birthday.

A couple of hours later and here's what I came up with.

For Rob
Papers and toppers all came from A Play on Words CD rom by Ella's designs
Ribbon and charm - Meiflower

Matthew is an opthalmologist so I thought this would be perfect for him
Free eye chart maker - Homemade gifts made easy
Ribbon - Meiflower

Rob abd Carole's wedding anniversary

Paper - Forever and Always digital Scrapbooking kit - Just So Scrappy
Sentiment - computer generated
Ribbon, diamante ribbon slider and gems - Meiflower

All quite simple, but serve their purpose.

Don't forget there is a DT call going on at The Paper Shelter at the moment, you can find all the details here.

Thanks for visiting,
hugs,
Colette xx





8 comments:

Karen said...

What a fantastic collection of cards - they just got better and better as I scrolled down. Well done!!! xx

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lau W said...

Oh superb ! Love the card for the ophtalmologist, excellent idea !
xxx

Christine L said...

Just wonderful cards Colette... I particularly LOVE the one for the opthamologist... May have to pinch that idea!

And I just looked at the cottage..... WOWWWWWW it looks fabulous and couldn't get further west if you tried! I'm sure you'll love the sunsets there... hope you are able to have a peaceful week... North Wales always has a special place in my heart so I'll be thinking of you! Also hope you have a wonderful wedding anniversary too!

Big Hugs
Christine x

Becky said...

What a fabulous set of cards Colette.

DONNA said...

Love them all 😊

Pat K said...

Fabulous creations Colette....and in so little time...well done!

Your holiday cottage looks amazing..I hope you have a wonderful wedding anniversary. hugs, Pat K x

cotnob said...

A fabulous collection of cards Colette, I especially love the eye chart one and the brilliant sentiments.
I think we all have busy months - mine is November!
Pauline
x