The fates are definitely conspiring against me at the moment, I am off on my holidays in a couple of weeks, and have been trying to get a bit ahead of myself, so that I can schedule some posts while I'm away, but first I got struck down with a pretty bad chest infection (100% better now, just the cough lingering) and then this weekend I have managed to get the tummy bug that is going around.
I had just about given up on getting this post done today, but I'm feeling a little better this evening so thought I would get stuck in.
Last weekend I missed the Clipart Fairy workshop, so this weekend I decided to make a couple of cards with some of the kits that were used at the workshop. I made two cards yesterday, but then last night in bed inspiration struck for a third, and today I have managed to get it made.
Here are the original two first, both pretty simple as I wasn't feeling too great.
I printed one of the designs from the kit onto linen card and made a square card base, I then matted and layered some co-ordinating papers onto this, adding the two ribbons. I made up the oval, with a paper, the rosebud image and my wording, printed it onto linen card, cut it out and then used my Quickie glue pen to go over the roses, before applying red glitter. I attached the oval to the card with a double layer of foam pads, then added the bow, charm and gems to finish off.
Papers, tag and image - The Clipart Fairy (can't find kit in store at moment)
Wording - computer generated
Rosebuds - stash
Cream satin ribbon, red organza ribbon, heart charm and gems - Meiflower
To make this card I re-sized and then arranged the image to the right hand side of an A4 page in Photoshop, added the yellow gingham behind and then printed out. It was scored and folded on the A4 half fold line on my scoreboard, I cut around the edge of the bear and cut an semi-arched shape at the top of the card. I printed out extra images of the bear for decoupage, (altogether I have about five layers, doesn't show up too well in photos though), then printed another design from the kit onto both sides of a piece of A4 paper, trimmed, folded in half and added as an insert, so that some of the contrasting design showed down the right hand side and across the top.
I added glamour dust to the flower centres and swirls and some lilac pearls to the dots in the design.
Bear Image and Papers -Waistcoat Ted Kit - The Clipart Fairy
Pearls - Meiflower
I really wanted to use the Pilot Ted kit too, but I wanted the plane to look like it was flying in the air, it must have been on my mind when I went to bed last night because I woke up this morning knowing exactly what I wanted to do, and here it is.
I made an easel card from acetate, covering the base with a design from the kit printed onto linen card, I re-sized the insert panel and used it on the underneath of the base to cover where the sticky tape showed through. I used the decoupage from the kit for the 'happy' and plane, and the clouds are from a Nitwits kit, the large cloud with the writing on, stands up from the base and helps to hold the card open. I love the way it turned out!
Papers, image and decoupage - Pilot Ted Kit - The Clipart Fairy
Clouds- At the Park - Nitwit Collections
Wording - computer generated
Martha Stewart Scalloped Punch
Grosgrain ribbon - Meiflower
My daughter Meg joined a disabled drama group a couple of weeks ago and they have made a film which they are showing at a little cinema in Liverpool town centre tomorrow evening, and the families have been invited along to watch it, I have my fingers (and everything else LOL!) crossed that my stomach will have settled down enough for me to get there.
Thanks for popping by,