Friday 19 August 2011

Polkadoodles Single Layer Challenge

The title says it all really, this week the challenge at Polkadoodles is to make a single layer card, by either printing  or stamping directly onto the card, and only using minimal embellishments.

This took me back to my days of digital scrapbooking, where you would make the page look dimensional by adding shadows to the layers, which is exactly what I decided to do.


I used the Sugar Birdies Collectors Edition CD rom and a couple of gems from stash for the flower centres. I made my design up in Photoshop and then printed directly onto linen card, I put the card through the printer a second time and printed the insert straight onto the card too.


Pop over to the Polkadoodles challenge blog and check out what my teamies have come up with for their single layer cards and don't forget you have until Sunday 28th August, noon (GMT) to show us your fabulous creations.

2 comments:

Karen said...

As you know Colette - I trust you with my life -but when I first saw this card on the computer screen, I couldn't believe that this was a one layer card, that is until you showed it to me for real and even then I was trying to 'flick' the flower up. Your digital work is amazing (and messes with my head!!!)
Thanks for all your help last night and for the 'pajamas'(US) email this morning - lovely suprise!
Karen xx

Daniele said...

stunning card Colette
hugs