Friday 10 November 2017

It's been a while...

My blog has been poorly treated, abandoned and alone, in the great big world wide web, neglected and uncared for, what a bad blogger I am!
I do have an excuse, or three, or four or more LOL! In the past couple of months I have made wedding invitations, save the dates, cakes, photo frames and had a holiday!
I thought I would try and catch up on everything I've been up to over the next couple of posts as I only have one magazine commission to show you (I took a break while I was making the wedding invitations) and to be honest the magazine came out in October, so I am really late posting it.

First up we had a family day out to London with my daughter, her partner, my grandsons, my daughter's partner's mum, myself and Eric. We were on the train at 6am in the morning, which meant getting up about 4.30! to get ready and get to the station. The boys slept all the way to London LOL!


Here's my lot sitting in front of a lion in Trafalgar square.
We returned home on the 6pm train and finally walked through our front door at about 9.30 that evening so it was quite a long day, but a good time was had by all.

I am a member of 2 local knit and natter groups (I don't knit so I crochet instead) one in the local library and another in our heritage hub, which goes my the name of Chix with Stix, one of our ladies asked if we would be interested in making blankets for Arrowe Park Hospital Paediatric Resus unit, where her daughter in law is a consultant, the blankets go to the very sick children, the colours and patterns help the nurses to distract them while they are being treated, they take the blanket up to the ward with them and  then home. It seems some of the children with ongoing problems bring their blankets back to the hospital with them whenever they attend.
We were lucky enough to get a donation of money to buy wool and between us so far have made about 40 blankets for the hospital. 
The project was even mentioned in the Liverpool Echo, you can check it out HERE I also made the blanket that is being held up by the staff 😊

I thought I would show you a picture of my favourite blanket, I really enjoyed making all the little applique pieces for this one.


Well that's it for now, but I will be back very soon with the next installment.

Thanks for stopping by,
Take care,
hugs,
Colette xx

1 comment:

Christine L said...

Hi Colette... glad to see you back in blogland! It does sound like you've been busy - nice to hear of your adventures... and wow to those blankets... what a brilliant idea and a fab cause!

Christine x