Sunday 11 September 2011

Clipart Fairy Freebies

After collecting the freebies on the Clipart Fairy blog yesterday I thought I would make a couple of cards using them, and these are what I came up with.

The first one is using the freebie here plus Rose Garden papers for the flower, a sentiment from Wendys Wordart and the panel comes from the Rose Garden booklet.


I made the flower using Tim Holtz's tattered florals die, and the swirls are a sizzix die, everything was edged in brown ink and the flower was crumpled, opened up, spritzed with glimmer mist, crumpled again etc., until I had got the look I wanted. The pearl brad in the centre came from Hobby House (I think). Pearls are from stash and the glittered card for the swirls is from Craft Creations. There is also a sprinkling of glamour dust.


I used the plain insert (part of the freebie) and left it blank so that you could write your own message.

My second card uses the freebie here.


I re-sized the freebie to a rough A5 size and printed it out onto the right hand side of a landscape piece of A4 card., folded it down the centre, used some pegs to hold it together and then through both layers, leaving the parts of the design that touched the crease line in tact.
I printed a second copy and very carefully cut the image from the centre, (I can save this and use it to make another card, waste not, want not! LOL!) and then cut around the outside edge of the frame, and attached a piece of acetate over the opening. I stuck shaker tape around the edge of the image on my base card, sprinkled in some small beads and snowflake sequins and then fixed the acetate panel into place on top.
The snowflakes are made from a nestability die, cut from pink card, I brushed watered down tacky glue over them and then dipped them in glamour dust.
I made the sentiment panel on the computer. Ribbon and gems are from stash.

I used a freebie paper, (no longer available) for the insert, plus the matching snowman and penguin, which I bought last year.

Hope you like them and they have given you some ideas for using the freebies.




6 comments:

Daniele said...

they are both stunning, love the flower on the first card Colette
hugs

Rosietoes said...

Two gorgeous cards Colette.

Edna x

The Fairy said...

awesome hun :)

hugs
Wendy x

XxJULESxX said...

thank you Colette they are both gorgeous!

Marjorie said...

Two beautiful cards hun, just love the colours and flower on the first one, it is such an elegant card! your blog is lovely!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Karen said...

Lovely cards Colette. The christmas one is so pretty! K xx