Wednesday 5 January 2011

Fairydoodler Challenge and catch up!

I've been MIA for about a week, has anyone missed me... no..., thought not!, I've been madly making sample cards for the launch of Nikky's new Paper Boutique CD Rom, which will be on Create and Craft on Saturday at 12pm, make sure you tune in and have a nosy, it's brilliant!
Unfortunately this has meant that I've been too busy to blog, and I've had some things I've been dying to tell you too, so time to catch up.  Firstly I won last weeks Fairydoodler challenge WooHoo!, how brilliant is that, I got to pick one of her kits as my prize and I chose Eleganza Light, I am hoping to have a card made with it in the next day or so, all the bits are printed just needs putting together, I also purchased the Eleganza kits in every other colour, the Wedding box and Baby bear, as they were all just too gorgeous not to.
I also won the Merry Christmas challenge on Penny's Paper-Crafty challenge blog and won 5 digi's from Fairy Dust Crafts and will be a Guest DT member for their next challenge.
All samples are now finished, posted and received by Nikky, so I can get back to normal, so here is my entry for this weeks Fairydoodler challenge.

The image is the freebie from FairyD coloured with my new Aquamarkers (haven't quite got to grips with these yet, especially the skin, my couple look like they've been frolicking in the sunshine without any sun lotion on LOL!, but I can only get better, can't I?), the blue and lemon card and the hearts are printed from digi papers from the Clipart fairy, I used a Marianne Creatables corner 1 cut and emboss die to cut and emboss four corners, I glittered the embossed sections with glamour dust and glued them onto the lemon card in a square shape, I then cut around both the inside and outside of the shape and attached to the blue card which has a circle opening cut into it using a nestie.
The flat back pearls and pretty lace are from a local craft shop.
The sentiment is on the inside of the card, and shows through the opening behind the couple, it is part of a poem by P B Shelley called Love's Philosophy and says,
And the sunlight clasps the earth,
and the moonbeams kiss the sea ~
what are all these kissings worth
If thou kiss not me?

Below is a close up of the verse.

 See you soon!

4 comments:

Gayle Cook said...

Oh dear...I might have to ban you from entering the challenges...your cards are SO nice. I love the frame and I love the verse..I love the card!!!! :o)

FairyD x

Caroline said...

Wonderful card I love the verse

The Fairy said...

Absolutley gorgeous Colette

Hugs
Wendy xxx

Karen said...

I too love the frame and the poem. The colours are very spring-like, maybe it's the end of winter - ha ha! (it's snowing yet again!)