Tuesday 30 July 2013

Wedding invitation samples #1

A couple of months ago I was asked by a very good friend if I could design some wedding invitation samples for her, she wanted to make them herself, but didn't really know what she wanted, there was no specific colours, all she really wanted was some bling, for example, a diamante ribbon slider or similar diamante embellishment.
I ended up making 17 samples for her, most of them I've kept quite simple as I know what a chore it can be to make up the same card over and over and how long it takes if there is a lot of complicated cutting, punching, die-cutting etc., (although I did throw a few more complicated ones into the mix).
Anyway she has chosen the design she is going to use and I can now show you the other sixteen. If things go well I am hoping to post one card a day (in between DT work) over the next couple of weeks. 

The names and dates, were added after the cards were finished but under normal circumstances I would have printed them straight onto the card before cutting and folding.

Here is sample no.1
White Pearl Card - Anna Marie Designs
Glittered card - Ebay
Silver ribbon and diamante ribbon slider - Meiflower

This is a quick and easy design and the glittered floral card gives it an extra blingy touch.

Thanks for stopping by,
see you tomorrow with no.2
hugs,
Colette xx

5 comments:

Daniele said...

stunningly elegant Colette
hugs

Maritha said...

Really stunning! :) ♥

Hugs

Debbie said...

Really beautiful and stylish.Hugs x

Karen said...

Gorgeous!

XxJULESxX said...

Wow another gorgeous card!!