I have been trying to get this post done since about 9am this morning, after numerous interruptions by the telephone and then a visit from my daughter Stacy, and grandsons Will and Charlie we suddenly realised that the clocks had gone forward in the night and it was actually an hour later than we thought! we had forgotten all about the clocks going forward for British Summer Time.
After an hour or so of helping Will make his decorated egg for the Easter Egg decorating competition in school on Wednesday (photos will be up in a couple of days), and then eating a late lunch I have finally managed to find the time to do it
Yesterday was another busy day at the Clipart Fairy monthly workshop, this time around we made seven cards, all the card kits should be available on the websites once Wendy has had time to load them up.
The first card was an Easel Window Card, and behind the window is a little flower arrangement, using roses from WOC
The card needs a sentiment on the base plate and maybe a big bow on the front, down near the left hand corner I'm thinking, to finish it off completely.
This is the Gone The Pub fishing card, the boat and sign are decoupaged and the card has a co-ordinating insert. I used some string to make a fancy knot and added it to the corner.
Another Gone the Pub card, but this time using a Make me a Topper kit, part of the blue shaped panel on the front is fold behind the backing paper so that it swings free, but then a piece of string has been added and fastened to the backing paper, so that it only swings out a certain amount.
The frame around the wording was embossed with the Cuttlebug-Grace's Frame- embossing folder. The swirl is from Cheery Lyn and the flowers are - believe it or not, - roses from WOC, the wire stem was cut off and then the main part of the rose was gently pulled away from the bottom layer of petals, (the removed part can still be used as a smaller rose), a MeiFlower gem was the perfect finishing touch for the centres of the flowers.
This card was made using the Diva Time double up kit, the shoe is covered in glamour dust, Meiflower gems, ribbon and ribbon slider where used to decorate the card.
The Buttercup Yellow card uses the Marianne Creatables ribbon borders 2 die, threaded with brown gingham ribbon from MeiFlower, it's finished off with sticky backed pearls also from Meiflower.
The final card used the Man's Shirt Card Front kit and is a really quick and easy card to make if you need one in a hurry, the tie,collar and pocket are all decoupaged to add dimension.
The cards seemed much quicker this week and the class emptied out quite early, although some of us took a little longer than the others to finish, possibly because of too much talking....Donna.! Wendy showed us some Mica embossing masks she had bought and let the stragglers have a little play with them, with the addition of some MeiFlower gems, ribbon and ribbon slider, we managed to put together another simple card. We all did our own thing, so they were all slightly different, here's mine.
I glamour dusted the stems and leaves of the flowers for a bit of extra sparkle.
I really enjoyed making these cards, I hope you have enjoyed seeing them,